I'm still waiting for an answer to the character limit question....

Why is there such a small character limit for posting answers to questions?

I grow weary of creating two posts to answer one question, and of needing to read two different posts from someone else just to read their one answer. It's very distracting.

I posted this question before and have yet to receive any answer....

TiccledBlue

Asked by TiccledBlue at 9:06 AM on Jan. 11, 2009 in About CafeMom

• It is because this is an answer forum not a regular forum. It is supposed to be short and sweet. Longer messages are for forums or groups.

Answer by gemgem at 9:07 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• You really won't get much in the way of techinical answers here in the section. try posting your question here CafeMom Discussion. The limits are big in discussion right now and there isn't much CM can do about it at the moment. The short answer is this section just wasn't designed for long answers or discussion.

Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 4:04 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Ya I agree, it sucks having to post several times to get everything in you'd like to say! Some times advice is a bit more then a few lines lol. But I used to work at telehealth (in Canada) and when someone was asked " what's wrong" they would go on and on and on and on...we'd run out of space to put it, and the nurses didn't want to read all of it..so I think it's the same as on here, no one want's to read a novel and if we all wrote novels (which us mother's can lol) it would be insane!! No harm in trying though...when we know or advice is like gold ;)
    aidansmyheart

Answer by aidansmyheart at 7:47 AM on Jan. 13, 2009