10 Month old totally refusing her formula? Anyone have similar problem?

My daughter eats everything, baby food, table food, juice, water. She's has a great attitude about everything, a month ago she was even saying "mama baba" when she was hungry. But all of a sudden she has totally stopped drinking formula. We can remix bottles, try a different can of formula in case the current was store old, mix with cereal, without, switch bottles, once she tastes it she's done and throws horrible fits. No problems otherwise. If you dump and wash the same bottle she will drink juice and water out of it. I've even tried karo in the bottles, nothing helps, any ideas how to get her back on formula for the next two months, or should she just start cows milk and vitamins?

enadrown

Asked by enadrown at 9:12 AM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can start her on half formula and half cows milk now. My grandson did something similiar and his dr told my dd to do that.

Answer by gemgem at 9:16 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• If she is drinking juice and water, she should be fine, but, right now I would wait on the regular milk for at least another month, or just give her sips of it to see if she likes it or if she will have a problem with it.If she is doing well on everything but the formula(eating good, getting fluids) I wouldn't worry.You can also just call the doctors office and see what they say and put your mind at ease. If she is healthy, thats the main thing.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 9:18 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• well no cow milk until she is 12 months old. Just dont give her the formula anymore. she is used to REAL food now so she obviously doesnt like the formula anymore. Why trying to force her to eat it if she doesnt want it?

My daughter doesnt want formula anymore since she was about the same age. juices, water, tea and solid foods are good enough ;) there is no need of formula when kids are on solids
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 9:23 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• If your pediatrician gives the okay, you can start milk. There is nothing magical about the day they turn a year old. If she's eating other dairy products with no trouble, you could probably start making the switch now.

If she's eating table food, then get rid of the baby food, she doesn't need it. Baby food is only for practice. Make sure she's offered a balanced diet (you can't force her to eat it lol) I wouldn't offer juice too often, though...not that it's a real problem, but you don't want that to be the only thing she will drink, either.

My boys were on 2% milk at 9 months per their pediatrician because they were on all table foods and eating a balanced diet.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:13 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I would start her on whole milk, start with half milk & half water until she gets used to it.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:16 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• My child did the same thing. My pediatrician told me to put a little stawberry or chocolate syrup in the bottle with the formula. This worked great. I didn't have any other problems and was able to swithch to regular milk at twelve months with no problems.
    Anonymous