what types of food should i feed my 10 1/2 month old?

i believe my daughter is ready to eat mostly solids, like finger foods. she has five teeth and when i try to feed her pureed baby food, she tries to move the food around in her mouth like it was solid. what would you suggest feeding her? i'm thinking like cheerios and soft, diced fruit but other than that, i'm blank.

SpookyJ

Asked by SpookyJ at 10:34 AM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Gerber makes some puffs that melt in the mouth; my daughter was addicted for a while. Small chunks of cheese, macaroni and cheese, peas, canned vegetables, mashed potatoes, etc. I bought a box of potato flakes that you can mix up pretty quickly for mashed potatoes anytime.
    Cadreysmom

Answer by Cadreysmom at 10:39 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Avoid things like nuts and popcorn for a while, but other than that, if you can get it into little pieces, it is relatively soft, and she has had no allergies, I would say experiment a little. My son was pretty much eating what we ate at the age, with a few exceptions, and I believe my nephew was too.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:46 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• My son's doc said at 9 months that we could pretty much eliminate baby food altogether and just feed him whatever we're eating. As long as you can cut it up so she doesn't choke, she can eat just about anything. Besides all of those things they tell you to avoid until they're 1 of course.
    JaxsonsMommy07

Answer by JaxsonsMommy07 at 11:57 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I agree with JaxsonsMommy07.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 1:28 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• thanks for your suggestions. :)
    SpookyJ

Answer by SpookyJ at 1:34 PM on Jul. 17, 2008