Due Date Question

OK....so I have had really irregular periods for a while now. I started a period Novemeber 19th and then a strange light bleeding starting on December 6th that lasted about 3-4 days. I had been trying so I was having sex like everyother day. I took 2 pregnancy tests in December and they all said no. I tested a positive ovulation test (i think) on Christmas day. I tested positive on a pregnancy test January 6th. The doctor went by the December 6th date for due date. However, I am already bloated, etc. Could I be more pregnant? Will the doctor tell me more on my sonogram appt on Feb 9th?? Ugh so far away.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well everyones body is different so thats hard to say. I would go based off what the dr and you came up with based on the ovulation and period. At the u/s they will measure the baby and give you an accurate date.

Answer by gemgem at 10:11 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• They will get a good idea of how far you are at your Ultra Sound appt. I just had my first one done last week and the baby is measuring to be a week ahead than what I am. But thats not enough for them to change my due date.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 10:11 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• My sechedule is never 28 days which is what they base your due date on. After I told my OB he did an ultrasound early in my pregnancy to get a proper due date. He did it with both of my kids.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 10:22 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Don't worry so much about a specific date. I miss the times when they would tell a woman that her baby would be coming sometime near the end of August or beginning of September. Ultrasound can be off by 2 weeks in either direction. They call it an estimated due date for a reason.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 11:55 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• The doctor will probably order an ultrasound. They can get a lot more information from that. Also, the doctors can have a guestimate from the pelvic exam from the first appointment. If this is your first pregnancy, then I will advise you that your due date can change. Mine was established, then I had an ultrasound. It was changed. At 18 weeks I had another ultrasound and it was adjusted again. Due dates are not written in stone and are a guideline. Good luck to you.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 1:44 PM on Jan. 11, 2009