What did you put in your overnight bag?

My sister is due Feb 2nd. I am trying to help her get her stuff ready for the baby. I don't remember what I put in my overnight bag so I am looking for all of your input! :)

ronica04

Asked by ronica04 at 10:14 AM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Pajamas, robe, slippers, extra socks & underwear, pads, breastpads, cds or dvds if you can watch movies or listen to music, mp3 player, water bottle for water, suckers & popsicles if you can since in labor u only get that or ice chips, digital camera, list of phone numbers of people you plan to call, baby clothes, diaper bag, blankets.

Answer by gemgem at 10:22 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Tooth Brush, Tooth Paste, Socks, Slippers, Robe, Comfy PJs, Sweats for the ride home, Something for baby to wear, Light blanket for baby. They usually give you the shampoo etc. for cleaning up. Pack some snacks for whoever will be in the room with her. Pack her favorite for when it is all done! Don't forget the camera!
    redheadmom101

Answer by redheadmom101 at 10:21 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I packed toothbrush and toothpaste, brush, blowdryer, deodorant, 2 pairs of sweatpants, 2 t-shirts, socks, slippers, contact case and solution, and a comfortable bra and underwear. I'd suggest just some comfy clothes and her everyday things from when she takes a shower and stuff.
    dhalinka

Answer by dhalinka at 10:21 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• most hospitals give you pads for after delivery... they are real nice and HUGE... i packed a few pads and well, they went home with me... i packed three tshirts, some shorts, one long pj's, i didnt really take a lot with me.. everything for baby was covered, and if she has taken her tour of the maternity ward she will know what she will need to bring for baby... he wore a hospital gown until we went home.. then the outfit that i brought is what he left with.. i brought gum, lip balm, a few makeup supplies.. lotion ( very dry in the hosp), camera, some change for dad incase he wants to go to the vending machine.. there are lists online...
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 10:22 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• i had a couple pairs of pjs or comfy clothes clothes for the baby an extra pillow cds and cd player (to drowned out my husband) makeup to cover up the iv marks cause people always like to say your a druggy, diapers, wipes, blankets for my daughter and me i think that is it well a camera too but thats about it
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 10:25 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• what everyone said above me lol....i remember wishing i would have brought more socks lol... But i was in there in January and it was so cold... they kept having to bring me warmed blankets....
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 10:30 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I put personal hygeine items, a word search, a couple magazines, In between times of taking care of baby. Change of clothes to go home, and robe, slippers.
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 10:46 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I brought the same things as stated above. I also brought cards so Dh and I could play to keep my mind off the pain during the waiting. Magazines were great and the change is an awesome idea! I wish I would have remembered with the last one.
    stylestar86

Answer by stylestar86 at 10:50 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I got a check list off of parents.com. I took pajamas, socks, house shoes, clothes to wear home, hair brush, soap, shampoo, conditioner, tooth brush, tooth paste, lotion, baby clothes: socks, onsies, outfit to go home in, hat, mittens to keep from scratching her face, and extra blankets for her. I believe thats it. Hope that helps some!
    kimberly7952

Answer by kimberly7952 at 10:55 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Thanks ladies!! Ya she didn't have time to do Lamaze or anything....It has been a fast forward pregnancy...she was 6 months pregnant when she found out!! I tell her all the time she was just in denial :) LOL... I started a list for her and it was the simple things I forgot!! :)
    ronica04

Answer by ronica04 at 10:56 AM on Jan. 11, 2009