What does the hospital usually give you when you take home a baby?

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 10:30 AM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Wow!! Everybody else got a ton of stuff!! All the hospital gave us was the nose sucker and some huge pads for me!! They didn't give me any diapers!! That would have been nice. They said NOT to give him a pacifier, and they don't give out formula samples so no formula for me!! Our hospital sucked!!!!!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Ours gave any diapers from an open package, and anything that had been used on the baby other than clothes/blankets (snot sucker, pacifier, etc)

That's about it.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:34 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• My hospital gave me the diapers, comb, pacifier, and the water basin.
    stylestar86

Answer by stylestar86 at 10:40 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• When we were leaving the hospital they gave us an open package of diapersthat we were using and then one of the nurses brought me another package, all my nurses weren't paying attention so we got like 20 bottles of premixed formula, a package of wipes, his pacifier, a snot sucker, a thermometer, small travel size bottles of baby wash and lotion, a water bowl to give them a sponge bath, a comb thing to was his hair, a diaper bag with a bunch of stuff in it and then of course all the things to clean his circumcision. We also took the hat they put on him when he was getting cleaned up but you have to leave the clothes there.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 10:42 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• We got diapers, wipes, enough formula for three days (I think), a nasal aspirator, the outfit she spit up on (lol), the little hats they put on her to keep her head warm, some wipes, a soothie pacifier, a bowl with a sponge and baby soap and lotion for baths, an Enfamil diaper bag with a bunch of samples and formula and other free stuff, and...err...that's about it.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:46 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• We got a case of premade formula bottles, a diaper bag filled with more formula, diapers, hat, blanket, snot sucker, thermometer,and I think that's it. The catch? You get charged for it all in your bill.
    the1youluv2hate

Answer by the1youluv2hate at 11:22 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• 2 diaper bags full of formula, diapers, pads, snot sucker thing, her blanket, some onies they had and a bunch of little samples oh and a breastpump.
    sunshine21pa

Answer by sunshine21pa at 11:33 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• We got tons of stuff. Diapers, lotions, We took a couple of receiving blankets (don't tell) gauze, a diaper bag full of samples, We are breastfeeding so it had stuff for that, no formula because we asked them not to give it. My favorites were a canvas bag with books in it and a sitz bath.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 11:37 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• whe i left the hospital i got diapers, lotions, diaper rash cream ,cream for breastfeeding ,formula a carseat, blankets, the clothes she wore, hats, i got alot of things and i would have gottten more if my so wasnt in such a rush to leave
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 11:51 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• we left teh hospital with the snot sucker, a comb, a brush. some diapers(the pack was already open) some formula. a pacifier( they gave her one in the nursery), they even gave us some of the stuff like her blood pressure cup from when they were monitoring her in the nicu
    taz1993

Answer by taz1993 at 11:56 AM on Jan. 11, 2009