What are some ways to make me look older?

I used to always have people tell me how young I look. Then it stopped. Well now that I have a new job, on average a day I have probably 5 people laugh and ask how old I am. And tell me I look between 12-16. 12 is definitely an exaggeration!! But I wear mascara, eye line and bronzer. I make it all look very natural.

I don't want to hear I'll appreciate it when I am older, because I realize this. I just get so sick of people telling me this.

krazyash023

Asked by krazyash023 at 10:31 AM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• From the pic on your profile I'd say you look older than 19, maybe people are just being nice .
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 10:59 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• You do look very young. If you want to look older, it's not about make up, in that department, less is better. But the best way to make yourself look older is to dress your age or older. I'm not sure what you wear but that's how a lot of people determine age.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:27 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• lol I only hear it at work. And I wear scrubs!!! So really no way to fix that :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 12:52 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• be thankful - most people your age don't seem to have it as together as you. you're wise beyond your years. also when you get to be 40 you'll wish people would say that. I say enjoy it while you still got it!!
    Anonymous

• i think you look 19
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 6:31 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Your time will come. Don't rush it. Try updating your look with a new Hairstyle. This can make you look sophisticated without dating you. Choose something low maintenance and less edgy (stay Trendy).

wilbursdaughter

Answer by wilbursdaughter at 3:19 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Oh mercy honey, when you're 47 like me you'll WISH you looked younger. Just be yourself---say, I sure look good, for 40, don't I? and smile cutely.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:21 AM on Jan. 15, 2009