Deposhot?

So I got the depo shot at my 6 weeks post pardum(sp?) appointment and I got My period the month after but now im not getting it, is it just the shot or could I have gotten pregnant while on it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• MOst people do not get their period while on Depo Provera. Some spot, others may get their period. But regardless, the norm is not to have a period. I doubt you are preg, if you are concerned I would take a home test and go from there. I was on Depo for 4 years. At the time I thought it was awesome, I started it right after I had my daughter. Then my hubby and I wanted another baby so we stopped Depo and had a horrible time conceiving. Once we did, we miscarried quite a few times. I also now have bone problems. You have to be careful with the shot because it can cause osteoporosis.
    Justice828

Answer by Justice828 at 10:40 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I also got the depo shot at my 6 week postpartum appointment. Like you I did get a period but it stopped. The depo shot keeps you from ovulating which keeps you from having a period. They said break thru bleeding is very common and usually does not continue once your body gets used to it. Although one of my friends had her period the entire 3 months that the depo shot lasts. So I guess everyone is different! :o)
    kimberly7952

Answer by kimberly7952 at 10:51 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• as far as im concerned depo is terrible, i hated it. i didnt have my period for 2 years, even though i was only on it for a year and half
    learae

Answer by learae at 11:16 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Depo is the most horrible thing on the market. I was on it for 5 yrs and it ruined my bones! I now have osteoporosis which has caused me develop scoliosis and degenerative disk disease. If I knew then what I know now....I would have run screaming when planned parenthood suggested it.
    rebl_roze

Answer by rebl_roze at 11:54 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Depo is popular because most do not get their period on depo. I was on it for 3+ years with no period.
    MonroeLoves82

Answer by MonroeLoves82 at 5:14 PM on Jan. 11, 2009