Did having a baby make you mature any ?

I see alot of girls that need to grow up really! Some of the poll questions are so sick I feel I am reading something a 12 year old would write to be stupid!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Oh absolutely. I don't care how old you are, whether your 16 or 40 once you have a baby I would hope you would mature because it's a whole different time in your life and you are responsible for someone else. If you don't mature any, you shouldn't be a mom :) Biggest responsibility ever.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:38 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Yes, having a baby really made me mature! I was 18 when I had my daughter, and while all of my friends were out drinking, hanging out, or doing who knows what I was sitting at home taking care of my daughter. I never did go out with my friends to just party, I never really seen the point in that. Some moms never do grow up though, and I find that very sad for their child!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 10:41 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Having a baby definitely makes you more mature. I just don't necessarily think it makes you more mature in every single aspect of your life, know what I mean? Like having a baby isn't going to change your taste in music and movies (not right away, at least). And having a baby probably isn't going to change your taste in the opposite sex (again, not right away, at least). But when it comes to caring for yourself and the little person you created, it makes you grow up so incredibly fast. Having a baby is the best reality check you can get.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:43 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Taking care of a baby is a big responsibility. It's going to mature you weather you like it or not.

Answer by louise2 at 10:43 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I didn't have a huge adjustment, but I've always been responsible and "old for my age" but everything else changed when my girl was born.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:45 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I'd think for most people it would help with maturing. To have complete responsibility for another human being is a big deal. Even for those who are relaxed about letting others do as they wish, when it is a child who is dependent on you, it becomes important to provide for and to protect the child.

Answer by Bmat at 10:53 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I was 19 when I had my dd and she was preemie so I totally grew up barely left the hospital and when I did go home( I lived ten minutes from the hospital) I called like every thirty minutes. LOL But yes I grew up tremendously, I wasn't much on drinking and partying before her but I did quit smoking as soon as I found out I was pregnant and When things went bad at the hospital and they told me they were going to let me have her I told the DR that if any thing went wrong save her before worrying about my life. So yes I grew up!!! but not all teen moms are like me
    KallaLilli

Answer by KallaLilli at 10:54 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Yes and no..... Iv always been a little more grown up then people myown age, I know whats right and wrong and of corse i still make mistakes and am capable of acting immature!! But when you have a baby you just turn into mom mode and you only get and nite or whatever every so often to let loose but my kids are still always in the back of my mind...
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 10:57 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Yes. In the best way possible. I used to drink every single night of the week, smoke and do some recreational drugs. And the second I found out I was pregnant, all of it stopped. I realized in that moment that it wasn't all about me me me any more, it was about my baby. I see pregnant women smoking and I was friends with a girl who used drugs when she was pregnant (key words: was friends) and it made me sad for her baby. I am so happy that my baby changed my life, because the road I was going down was nothing but trouble. And now I am a much happier healthier person. And my baby is healthy because of the choices I made!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I was always mature for my age when I was younger, But once I had my DD I think it jus taught me more resposibility than growing up.
    ToberzMama

Answer by ToberzMama at 11:22 AM on Jan. 11, 2009