8 days until Christmas and I still haven't bought my mother anything, ideas please?

I have gotten my grandma and brother done, and almost done with my children, but have only bought my mom a little ornament with her name on it. I have absolutely NO idea what to buy her.

She wanted a specific coffee maker, but my grandma has already bought her that. I'm on a tight budget, so now I really don't know what to buy ''/

No jewelry, she has enough of that. My price ranges up to 60$ (hey, i'm a single mom with a minimum wage job, can't afford much)

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 3:09 PM on Dec. 17, 2011 in Holidays

• Check out groupon.com or livingsocial.com, during the holidays they have discount offers of certain things in your immediate area, like massage, or facials and a bunch of unique gifts for sometimes less than $60.

Answer by older at 3:12 PM on Dec. 17, 2011

• Is the coffee maker one of those that takes pods or k-cups? You could get her some special coffee to go with the coffee maker.

I got my mom a new purse and some candy that she loves.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:37 PM on Dec. 17, 2011

• older - i checked it out, but didn't find nothing that would interest her :(

slw - Nope, just a regular coffee maker, that makes for single serving.

aaahhhhhhhhhhh i'm in a time crunch lol
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 3:51 PM on Dec. 17, 2011

• How about a basket of realy nice coffees, and the special creamer that goes with coffee, the flavoured ones? You could have in the basket, the coffee, a new mug, some filters for the coffee maker, and maybe a coffee grinder for the special coffee( if you pick out beans) that would make a nice package. Wrap it up in fancy paper with ribbons!
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 5:21 PM on Dec. 17, 2011

• That would be nice minimo, but she is diabetic and doesn't really like flavored coffee :( So flavoring is out of the question, not even sure what kind of coffee she uses lol.

knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 5:25 PM on Dec. 17, 2011

• How about an electric throw or blanket? A book, with book light...Does she have any hobbies, like knitting, hiking, photography, pets? Something to do with one of those?
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 7:06 PM on Dec. 17, 2011

• She doesn't really read much anymore because she works long hours, so therefor not much hobbies lol. She does use the computer a lot on her days off, but can't think of anything that goes with a computer for an xmas gift. I was thinking bed sheets, but those run expensive. Maybe I'll buy her a few pairs of shirts and pants. :( seems so plain though.
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 7:43 PM on Dec. 17, 2011

• Maybe a couple of really good quality travel mugs. Does she collect anything? Does she have a Nook or other book reader? If so, you can always get her a gift card for Amazon or other online stores that sell e-books.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:26 PM on Dec. 17, 2011

• She used to collect bears, but I asked her if she wanted me to get the one from Shaws Jewelers (she always buys the St.Jude bears every year) and she said no, she's actually trying to downsize her collection. She doesn't have a nook or any book reader.

I have been looking online for something, and I'm still at a loss. Only thing I have found was a 'mom' necklace or a 'nana' necklace!
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 9:43 PM on Dec. 17, 2011

• You could start a charm bracelet for her and buy her a charm or slide to go on it every birthday / gifting holiday.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:48 PM on Dec. 17, 2011