Dieting and PMS

I'm having problems sticking to my diet when I get PMS. I get ravenously hungry 1 week every month and crave junk food, especially fries with ketsup and sugary foods like chocolate. I can eat a full meal and then my stomach will grumble with hunger within an hour. Any suggestions on how to curb the cravings and fight the hunger.

sammygrl77

Asked by sammygrl77 at 10:59 AM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• get the weight watchers desserts, they are yummy and help when you're dieting.
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 11:03 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Happens to all of us, doesn't it?!? It is hard to turn away from the salt/sugar during this time. I like Swiss Miss sugar-free hot cocoa(it really tastes GOOD, but it costs a little more). As for the salt, I try to grab Fiber One crackers or something that has some good to it, and actually count out a serving size. Sometimes I nibble on the crackers--I look like a gerbil, but it helps! Good luck~~
    hmkr38

Answer by hmkr38 at 5:22 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Oh eat like I'm pregnant with Aunt Flow. I've went so bad as ordering a birthday cake. I actually have a journal about it! Look, I've lost almost 50 lbs and what I will say is NEVER deprive yourself. Deprivation makes it A LOT harder for people to stay committed to any plan. If you "need" something try finding a healthier option (I ♥ butter pecan ice cream I'll have sherbet ice cream instead) or smaller portion.
    mom2trewife2vic

Answer by mom2trewife2vic at 9:03 PM on Jan. 13, 2009