Has anyone used...

Jenny Craig or Nutrisystem? Do they work and are the foods good or do they taste like gross frozen TV dinners? Please share your stories with me, PM if you have time!

lapcounter

Asked by lapcounter at 11:06 AM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• nutrisystem food is really awesome,especially the snack bars.Don't know about jenny
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:08 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Don't waste your money. You can do it on your own.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Both of these systems are based on portion control and getting "bang for your buck" calories. I just read The Flat Belly Diet book and have been following it for 10 days, already lost 4 pounds. It just makes a lot of sense and only has 3 rules: 4 meals per day, 400 calories each meal and each meal must include a MUFA...monounsaturated fatty acid. You can Google "MUFA" or flat belly diet for more info. Add a 30 minute brisk walk and keep your money in your pocket!
    LoveIsCool

Answer by LoveIsCool at 6:37 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• LovelsCool, that's wonderful!! I love Prevention mag. I get it online and I've used so many of their videos for workouts, etc. Over the summer I used the MUFA tips and I really think it works. :)

As far as nutrisystem (not sure about Jenny Craig) remember that while it sounds really inexpensive, you still have to buy fresh fruits and fresh veggies to eat with each meal. The small type tells you this. Also, in my research, I found that if you have a problem and don't like the food, they are not known to be quick about refunding your money, nor stopping from debiting your account. I have read many complaints about that.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 7:13 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• lol who thinks nutrisystem is inexpensive? its a couple hundred a month...! Plus extra fresh foods you have to get. You can eat healthy WITHOUT paying outrageous prices for pre packaged food. I heard the food was horrible (I was thinking about trying it) on top of it all. I'm now on a 1200 cal/day diet and doing turbo jam to lose 25-30 by summer.
    google 1200 calorie menus online. Don't waste your money! You need to learn how to eat in the real world unless you plan on buying pre packaged food ($$$)for the rest of your life. Eat healthy, cut out sugar, sweets,control your portions and exercise!
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 9:16 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• And drink plenty of water. Unsweetened tea is fine from time to time and non fat milk and dairy.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 9:18 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I really believe all diet programs work, if you stick to the program. If you are really committed to the goal, and you exercise, you will be successful. As far as the food, if you are really committed to the program, it will taste like the best meal you have ever had.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 12:15 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Those clubs can be expensive. I used the lean cuisine meals when I wanted to drop some pounds. I ate 1 pkg. of instant oatmeal or grits for breakfast, coffee with vanilla creamer, 1 piece of fruit for mid-morning snack, lean cuisine lunch and a diet soda, hanful of pretzels or nuts for afternoon snack, lean cuisine dinner with glass of unsweetened tea, yoplait light yogurt for desert snack, additionaly I also drank 1 glass of water everytime I ate and took a brisk walk everyday. I lost about 20lbs. in 3months doing this. Dont waste your money on those clubs when you can manage the weight lose on your own.
    MsMESSx2

Answer by MsMESSx2 at 9:35 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• MsMESSx2 proved it can be done without spending lots of money! It just takes commitment!
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 9:48 AM on Jan. 12, 2009