Wow Gift for a 5 yr old girl on Christmas?

I need help... the "WOW" gift for my 5 yr old sister that my Mom had gotten her turned out to be a dud. (False advertising from the website it was ordered from and has been having problems while trying to figure it out.)

- She already has from past bdays and holidays -
Leapster Explorer
Easel
Video game system for younger kids
That big interactive horse

She's a creative girl. A tom boy (Likes girly things but wont tell us lol). She loves animals. She's smart and VERY good with the computer. Likes music and movies.

Any ideas? The gift has to be around $100 or less

Thank you

BelloItaliano

Asked by BelloItaliano at 7:20 PM on Dec. 17, 2011 in Holidays

• Do you HAVE to spend $100? Cant you just buy her a bunch of misc stuff that will be chaper or add up to $100? I guess I am not fully understanding this then.

She likes crafts? How about a bunch of craft supplies such as neon computer paper, squiggle scissors, stickers, glitter, etc.

Books, just get her a whole slew of books she will enjoy. Also games board games etc.

Dress up gear? You can get girly type stuff & boyish type stuff. You could buy a dress up trunk/closet thing too I have seen such things before or you could just buy her a cool chest & stuff it full of fun dressy stuff.

Does she enjoy music? How about a nice microphone or kareoke thing? Or does she listen to music? How about an mp3 player or something of the sort if she dosent have one already. If she is still using CD's then you can easily find those too.
    reindeergames

Answer by reindeergames at 7:36 PM on Dec. 17, 2011

• "Do you HAVE to spend $100? Cant you just buy her a bunch of misc stuff that will be chaper or add up to $100? I guess I am not fully understanding this then. "

Thank you for your reply. But no, you are not understanding the $100 or less part... I'll explain further ---- What I'm asking for are ideas for her "Wow" gift.... She has other smaller gifts. But non have to "wow" factor.

For example: My 4 yr old daughter has smaller gifts. But I got her the Leapster Explorer and a game for it for her "Wow" gift.
    My 1 yr old daughter also has smaller gifts. But her "Wow" gift is the Little People Wheelies Stand n Play Rampway.

So, yes, My Mom did get my sister smaller things like some Littlest Pet shop pets. A smaller version of the Light Bright and a couple other things. But She needs the "Big" gift.
    BelloItaliano

Comment by BelloItaliano (original poster) at 7:53 PM on Dec. 17, 2011

• What about a big Lego table or a bike? um... a puppy? ;0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:14 PM on Dec. 17, 2011

• A dollhouse would be a good wow gift.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 8:19 PM on Dec. 17, 2011

• A bike or scooter like the Razor power wing. Or if she likes to sing (you mentioned music) maybe a karaoke machine and CD's with kids music on it.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:21 PM on Dec. 17, 2011

• what about a Real Vanity set- not plastic, one of the iron ones with some girly stuff like lip gloss and haed bands etc
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 9:43 PM on Dec. 17, 2011

• You know last year my son ans DD was 3 and 6 and they LOVED the Zoo membership my parents gave them. It was a membership gift card tied to the neck of a stuffed tiger. A membership to something like that may work for you as well.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:00 AM on Dec. 18, 2011

• A Barbie doll house, or a really big pet shop House? Or how about a Fun Kids lap Top in the kids electronics place she can still have fun learning new things ? My brother and I had one at that age and Loved it!
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 5:50 PM on Dec. 18, 2011

• A chest full of dress up clothes and accessories ~

tasches

Answer by tasches at 1:35 PM on Dec. 19, 2011