How long did you bleed...?

after you got home from the hospital after giving birth?? I don't remember how long it was with my first DS but I had our 2nd last Monday [almost a week ago] and today when I woke up and went to the bathroom, I've pretty much stopped bleeding. My pad is almost completely clean still and there was no blood on the toilet paper. For some reason, this just seems too soon. So I'm wondering when anyone else stopped bleeding..??

jaddexsmama0509

Asked by jaddexsmama0509 at 11:21 AM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Are you breast feeding? I had mine on wednesday and I have almost completely stopped they said that if I was breastfeeding that would likely happen.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 11:27 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Nope, I'm not breast feeding... but I'm leaking like an SOB!! LOL
    jaddexsmama0509

Answer by jaddexsmama0509 at 11:33 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Well with my first I didnt bleed at ALL after I had him not even at the hospital and I didnt get my first period for 10wks after I had him. I am sure its normal.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 11:40 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I bled for 4 weeks. I was nursing too so I think everyone is just different. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:49 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I stopped bleeding before i left the hospital I stopped by the 4th day. I also had a c section.
    aebnygds

Answer by aebnygds at 12:26 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• When my daughter was born, my husband wasn't able to take time off of work. So as soon as we came home he had to go back to work. So she had to go the doctor almost every day being checked for Jaundice so I had to drive her and was doing A LOT of walking so i was bleeding for almost two entire weeks. And then I shouldn't have but about two weeks after her being born my husband and I had sex and I bled again for about another week, maybe a week and a half. So I think I bled more than what most people do.
    d_balogh

Answer by d_balogh at 1:27 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• i didnt stop bleeding for 2 and 1/2 months with my dh
    brittanybell

Answer by brittanybell at 5:11 PM on Jan. 11, 2009