How did your 1st child handle the 2nd?

My daugther will be 22 months when her sister comes in March. I know everybody has a differnt expierence but i was wondering how your child handled it and if you did anything to make the transition easier? I got her a doll so maybe she could pertend to do the same thing as mommy.

kinzleysmommy

Asked by kinzleysmommy at 11:23 AM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• MY DAUGHTER WAS 22 MONTHS WHEN MY SON WAS BORN. I BOUGHT HER A DOLL LIKE YOU SAID. WHEN MY BABY ARRIVED SHE LOOKED AT HIM WEIRD AT FIRST BUT THEN SHE HUGGED HIM AND KISSED HIM. NOW SHES 2 AND HIS 2 MONTHS. WHEN EVER I CHANGE HIS DIAPPER SHE DOES THE SAME TO HER DOLL. WE HAVE NO PROBLEMS AT ALL. DONT WORRY AND GOOD LUCK.
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
    hmomr

Answer by hmomr at 11:33 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• my daughter was 10 days shy of being a yr when my 2nd was born..they couldnt be around each other for the first week becuase my older one had a contagious infection..after about 4 days my older one was just wanting to see her baby sooooo bad!! she loved her from the minute she saw her! now im expecting my 3rd and the girls are 2 1/2 and 3 1/2. my 2nd is just extatic that a new baby's coming. she got super pissed off and would throw a fit when i let her hold my friends new born and then took the baby away..my problem is gonna be getting the baby Back from my girls!lol
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:50 PM on Jan. 11, 2009