What can I do?

I had a c-section on Jan 7th. They were giving me pain meds in the hospital that helped with the pain but when I went home they changed what they were going to send me home with to something less strong. And now that I am home I hurt all the time I can barely walk and I have burning near the incision ALL the time. It hurts so BAD. What do I do? I cant just rest I have 2 kids besides my newboen under 3 to take care of and no one to help me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Call your doctor. S/he is the one who can tell you what you can do.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:41 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• No duh but today is sunday and I dont want to call the after hours line for this so I was going to wait til the morning for that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Definitely, first you should call your doctor. That's a little excessive. One of the things that will definitely help as far as the pain is to under no circumstances strain or lift. I know with babies in the house, it's hard to say that, but if they've got walkers or playpens, do the best you can do keep them off of your incision, and to keep from picking them up. With the newborn, my savior was the Boppy Pillow. Whenever you hold him/her, sit them on the Boppy while it's around your waist. It'll keep them from rubbing you wrong, or whatever. But you mostly just want to avoid doing anything that will add scar tissue. That'll make you more sore, and it's much worse for your health and healing process.
    ktrog

Answer by ktrog at 11:48 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• When I had my csection, my hospital did the same thing. I was on some medication that was strong during my stay, but then when I went hom I was given 800mg of IB Profin and some Darviset. I was told to take them every 4 hours (I think) and switch between one and the other when I take them. I was still in a little pain, but the meds helped. I would talk to your doctor and ask what s/he can do to help.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 11:56 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• The only one I pick up is the newborn it is hard but I cant afford another stay in the hospital because I hurt myself. I really dont do much as in things that would strain except maybe cough every once in a while and boy does that hurt. I dont know but thanks. I am going to call them in the morning. I have to anyway to make a postop appt.
    Anonymous

• I had my 2nd c section in Nov and I was way more sore this time around. I made sure to take 800mg ibuprofen every 4 hours to help with the inflammation. I also experienced afair amount of burning. They told me it was from the sutures inside pulling. It felt better after about a week, but it took a good 2 weeks to really feel better. I usually over did it during the day and paid for it every evening. I have a 2 year old too. I would check w/ dr to see if what u r experiencing is normal.
    michiganmommy11

Answer by michiganmommy11 at 3:41 PM on Jan. 11, 2009