Why did you cicumsise? Why didnt you?

Mutilation or maiming is an act or physical injury that degrades the appearance or function of the (human) body, usually without causing death.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Health

• I did not for the same reason that I did not circumsize my daughter; because it IS mutilation
    Carriec

Answer by Carriec at 12:50 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I did my research and after watching videos of it, I just couldnt let a helpless baby go thur it.... Also I read that it can take away for a mans sexually pleasures.
    Anonymous

• We decided to leave our boys intact as well, after researching, learning how to care for an uncirc'd penis, and weighing the pros and cons, we really decided there were no pros to circing, and if our boys decide later to go that route, we will have it done then.
    faeriemamma

Answer by faeriemamma at 1:47 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I circumcised my boys for the health reasons. My brother was not circumcised until he was five because my father didn't believe in it well my brother kept getting infections and the doctors finally told my mom it needed to be done. Personally I didn't want my 2 boy to go through that. My brother was 5 and still remembers the pain and hes now 38.
    sjdchbkr

Answer by sjdchbkr at 1:56 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I left my son intact cause it was the way he was born and also his father is also intact. It won't get infected unless u don't clean it right.
    Anonymous

• Because my DH is, and it was his decision.
    m0m2twoboys

Answer by m0m2twoboys at 2:24 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• We circumsized because of health concerns later in life. It requires great hygeine and when he is old and in a nursing home poor care is the reason for lots of infection. It will be easier for him in the long run.
    simplystephanie

Answer by simplystephanie at 2:36 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• We kept our son intact because we felt it would be a violation of his rights to unnecessarily remove a part of his body without consent.

There is no medical reason for doing it, and no health organization in the world recommends it.
    MommytoNakoa

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 2:55 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Its not my body so its not my choice. Its a body alteration that is not necessary. There are proven risks with no proven benefits. So, since its not my body and none of the "benefits" have been proven the choice will remain my sons.
    aj_baby_06

Answer by aj_baby_06 at 3:04 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• zero health benefits. amputation of a body part without cause. not my body to be making that decision. cruel to torture an infant (watch the videos of it) for an aesthetic reason when they don't get a vote in it. my husband is intact, and so is my father, and NO, there are NO health/hygiene problems in childhood or adulthood.
    l_to_the_e

Answer by l_to_the_e at 3:08 PM on Jun. 18, 2008