Mirena....can you feel yours?

I had the b/c Mirena put in on the 2nd. I know they say you can spot for 90 days, not worried about that...but my question is: Can you feel yours? I'm sometimes feeling a bit of a pinch on the left side, and I am wondering if it slipped. I know I'm supposed to feel the strings, that I have done. But I don't want to "pull" on them like they say 'cause I don't wanna pull too hard. But I don't want to have unprotected sex if it slipped and get pregnant again. I'm going to call my doctor on Monday, but I'm just curious if anyone else has had this problem? Thanks ladies!

Lillysmomma1024

Asked by Lillysmomma1024 at 11:35 AM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• is mirena like an IUD? Mine always felt weired. IT made sex unconfortable too.
    Jabrw0ke

Answer by Jabrw0ke at 11:44 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• When I first got my mirena the strings were too long and sometimes they would shift and poke me
    esp. when i walked. So I don't know if that's the case, but if your strings are long enough to move, not just stick straight out (I think mine were like three inches and now their around an inch) could be it. Also, I was told not to have unprotected sex for 3 weeks after I got it put in, so you might want to hold off on that anyways.
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 11:54 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I have Mirena, and it doesn't bother me in the least, I forget that it's there. My doctor told me I would be fine to have nprotected sex the next day. I've had it for 6 months, and haven't had a period, and nor am I pregnant.
    lmh3820

Answer by lmh3820 at 12:17 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I have had mine for 1yr 1/2 and it does not bother me at all, I had a concern at first about feeling the strings, because i have not felt them, The first couple of months I went back to the OBGYN and she said that everything was fine. I would say to go get checked and make sure your Mirena is not coming out of place, I don't think you should be feeling a pinch. But it is great b/c.
    Laura4Luvs

Answer by Laura4Luvs at 1:27 AM on Jan. 12, 2009