has any one TTC after the Mirena IUD

I have had the Mirena for 2+ years. I want to start trying to concieve in september. I am trying to deciede when to take the IUD out to make it happen. I have not had a period in the time I have had the IUD

ckmomof2

Asked by ckmomof2 at 11:45 AM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Im not TTC but I had Mirena. My cycle went back to normal a few weeks after taking it out. And I mean normal.....I am having my periods at the same time of the month as I did Pre Mirena. Everyone might be different though.
    rebl_roze

Answer by rebl_roze at 11:50 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I had my mirena out on Dec 17th and we have been ttc. I had a pretty long, heavy and exhausting period after it was taken out (my periods were absent too). I got really depressed a couple days after it was taken out, and I have heard for some women that is a big problem when it is taken out until the hormones get adjusted. I would do just a month or two before it depends on the person...some people are more fertile the first month after and some women need a month or two to regulate. But be aware that the doctor told me this isn't like other birth control where it is in your system a few days, once it is out it IS possible to get pregnant right away.
    LOVE2bMOMMY525

Answer by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 11:56 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I have Mirena as well. I have it since July, I haven't had any periods either. But my doctor told me that when we would TTC that I shouldn't have any problem, she said it's usually your second cycle.
    lmh3820

Answer by lmh3820 at 12:15 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• i had mine taken out on Dec. 1st of this year afer having it in place for 18 months. i also didn't have periods while on it. i got my first period two days after removal and didn't concieve that month. i am currently having my second period since removal and i am getting ready to start my second cycle of TTC #3. good luck
    sarahkaystone

Answer by sarahkaystone at 3:15 PM on Jan. 11, 2009