How come my three year old is having accidents after being potty trained for a while?

tracymel32

Asked by tracymel32 at 11:48 AM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Has the routine in your household changed? Maybe just the hustle and bustle of the holidays messed up your little one. Don't force them. Let them set the pace. Best wishes~
    realtorshelly

Answer by realtorshelly at 11:52 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• My daughter was potty trained for about 3 months and then we moved and it messed her up but she's been good now for 4 months and has an accident maybe once a week but usually to busy playing and doesn't get to the bathroom in time. Don't worry to much i've heard children sometimes relaps with the potty training and then are fine. Good Luck
    EJsHottMama

Answer by EJsHottMama at 3:25 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Is your child very involved in play when it happens? My son is 4 and at times he will wet himself a little or even poo a little in his underwear and than hurriedly runs to the bathroom to finish. I have found that now that he does alot of imiginative play or is intensely watching a show, he just doesn't want to miss out or take the time to go potty. I find myself telling him to take a potty break, or at least making a point of asking him after a while if he has to go.
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 3:55 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• my sone is almost 4 and does very well. one day he stood in the bathroom and pooped his pants and said it was because it was thunder and lightning outside.it could be a lot of reasons. just reasure him it happens and clean it up. if you make a big deal he may continue
    ckmomof2

Answer by ckmomof2 at 4:33 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Sometimes it happens if they are trained too soon.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• is she on any meds? My youngest was trained at 23 months and he has been on amoxcilin (SP?) and he kept wetting himself, it has been a year sense he was trained...and the amoxcilin can cause frequent urination...he just could not make it in time...now he is fine...it only lasted for a few days.
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 10:58 PM on Jan. 16, 2009