has anyone ever had an obgyn told them that they are further along than they thought they were?

my obgyn told me that im 5 weeks more than i thought i was. but i know my conception date and to be honest i didnt have sex for a year before that week of conception..... i dont know what to do

pixie16

Asked by pixie16 at 10:48 AM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Most of the time, they go from the first day of your last period. So odds are, your timeline will be off from theirs. SO I was 3 weeks further along in clinical terms than I thought I was. That and I got 4 different due dates. It isn't really an exact science, so if by ultrasound they gave you a different timeline, remember not all babies grow at the exact same rate and their is some room for adjustment in due dates and weeks. Those are really just estimates. Hope that helps.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:44 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• that does help. thank you! my doctor was so rude! she told me that i was wrong and that my boyfriend may not be the father! im like thats impossible because i havent had sex with anyone in MONTHS before this particular week in may and my last period was may 1st. but they are still insisting that im wrong. ugh! its so fustrating and scary
    pixie16

Answer by pixie16 at 12:01 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Find a new doctor. Remember that doctors work for you, they are YOUR employee, and they have no right to talk to you that way. If you doctor won't listen to you that you didn't have sex with anyone else, will she listen if you have problems or questions?
    sioleabha

Answer by sioleabha at 1:15 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• i just met this woman the other day. ive always just seen my regular doctor for all my other stuff. and now that im pregnant my doctor refered me to this practice. this is one of the doctors that work in this practice. well thank you for that advice! i think i will find a new one!
    pixie16

Answer by pixie16 at 7:29 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• definitly find a new one! My best friend is convicned that by her dates she is due right around new years eve...but her doctor insists that she is due the 3rd week of january. It doesn't necessarily matter because the baby will come when it wants too...but if your doctor is rude or belittling...kick her to the curb! Good luck :) ps: try out a couple doctors before you settle on one.
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 7:58 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• You don't need anything but the assurance that your baby is okay and ..oh yeah, A NEW DR
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:03 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I checked out every OB in my town at least once before I settled on one. That was for my son. Then when my daughter came, I went back to him. Almost switched doctors midway through though. Its your baby, your body, you need to be comfortable with anyone that is involved.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:15 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• aawww thanks ladies! you guys have really put me at ease! so monday, thats what im gonna do! look for a new doctor!
    pixie16

Answer by pixie16 at 11:49 AM on Jul. 18, 2008