Why do people ask stupid questions about your kids?

I took my son to work with me the other day just to pick up my check. I showed him off to all my friends.The next day some people asked how old he was and I said 2. They looked at me as if I was a liar and nuts and asked if I am sure he is two. I said Yes very slowly, I think I know when I gave birth.

My son just turned 2 in July but he is as tall as his 4 yr old sister. He is 40 inches tall and she is 42 inches. They both weigh close to the same as well.

what have you been asked?

LostSoul88

Asked by LostSoul88 at 1:12 PM on Dec. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• Is he yours?

No, I just stole him from Walmart .....
    BigMomm4

Answer by BigMomm4 at 1:14 PM on Dec. 18, 2011

• My DAUGHTER, in a pink outfit, a pink blanket over her lap, a pink bib with "I'm NOT a boy" clearly visible and readable. And people would STILL come up to me ans ask what his name was.

The only thing I can think of for that was the fact that she was in a dark blue infant carrier that we'd saved from her brother.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:41 PM on Dec. 18, 2011

• i hate when someone asks "how did they get that bruise/bump/cut/scrape?"

i always want to say, um, hmm, let me go check my injuries journal. unless it's something VERY bad i really don't keep track of how/when they got hurt.

tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:38 PM on Dec. 18, 2011

• I've never really had any outrageous questions from strangers that I can remember. However, my in-laws are quick to ask "How'd she get that scratch/bruise?" Ummm............I don't know. I could have something to do with the fact that she's a toddler and is clumsy. Who really knows where every little bruise comes from? Certainly not me. My daughter falls down purposely....she thinks it's fun.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:32 PM on Dec. 18, 2011

• LOL, that's funny!
    I can't think of anything like that offhand, but it's definitely amazing how DUMB people are sometimes!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:13 PM on Dec. 18, 2011

• lmao I hate that!! my daughter was walking at 8 months and talking very well by 1 year (she shocked me) she was so tiny it was funny but people did that are you sure to me like wth!!! and when I am out with my 3 and people ask me if they are mine and then go all of them? lol like hell its not like am standing here with 19 kids and did I not just say they are my kids guess I stole one from walmart too lol
    Blessed_mom1102

Answer by Blessed_mom1102 at 1:22 PM on Dec. 18, 2011

• I get that all the time. My son has always looked about 2 years older than he really is. Heck, he was born looking like a 3 month old. It doesn't bother me that much though except when they keep on saying, no that can't be true. Why would I lie about something like that?
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:46 PM on Dec. 18, 2011

• My kids are sixteen months apart, and once my son started walking (at nine months) everyone always asks me if they are twins. They still ask me! I'm like, um, no. Are you sure? No, I'm not sure. Goobers. They look nothing alike, are two totally different sizes (my daughter is making her way into a size 12 and my son is stalled out at a 7/8) and people still ask if they are twins. Now when I tell them no, people ask me if they get to see both of their dads. Um, my HUSBAND, and their FATHER sees them all the time. Ugh! People these days...
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 1:59 PM on Dec. 18, 2011

• "Are they all yours?" I have 5 so a lot of people automatically assume they must not be all mine? In my smart ass moods I say no I kidnapped a couple at the mall think anyone will notice?

Answer by gemgem at 3:11 PM on Dec. 18, 2011

• lol gemgem

when I took my son to the hospital a few months ago they kept calling him she and when I replied I put a lot in to yea HE is doing this and yes HIS that lol finally I am like look he is a boy plz stop calling him a girl
    Blessed_mom1102

Answer by Blessed_mom1102 at 3:19 PM on Dec. 18, 2011