any truth about probiotic and autism as for the individual having candida and how do we test for such intestinal fungi or infections

bahamajodie

Asked by bahamajodie at 12:03 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Everyone has bacterial flora, but sometimes it becomes in balanced producing candida. Sometimes the symptoms vary from being really yeasty (mouth, and genitals) to have digestive issues. Probiotics will help restore this imbalance

I am not understanding your question about Autism? Is there a supposed link between Candida and Autism because I have never heard of this. What I do know is that many children diagnosed with Autism have been treated and had wonderful results on a gluten free/casein free diet.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:26 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• To test for this contact a Natropathic Dr. They can do the test or send you in the right direction. There is truth about it and not just for persons with autism but anyone. The yeasty beastly can effect us all.

massagegiftmom

Answer by massagegiftmom at 1:25 PM on Jan. 11, 2009