How can I get my daughter to sleep through the night?

My daughter is 2 months old and I would like to help encourage her to sleep through the night. Does anyone have any tips of how I could go about doing this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It depends. Is she breastfed or formula fed? Most breastfed babies take longer to sleep through the night.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 12:21 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I put a teaspoon of baby cereal in the bottle at night and it helped alot, the main reasons for waking up at night is feeding and diaper change. So if you can keep her full longer then she should sleep longer.
    JenniferMarie18

Answer by JenniferMarie18 at 12:43 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• 2 months old......not at this age sorry......just get her on a routin and maybe in a couple of months

good luck its a hard work
    Anonymous

• I think 2 months is still too young to sleep through the night and never supposed to put cereal in the bottle. Please check with your pediatrician or check a website that gives answers from a doctor about that. Also, I read "Secrets of the Baby Whisperer" and think it was helpful.
    Anonymous

• It is too soon to expect her to sleep through the night--especially if she is breastfed. And DO NOT put cereal in her bottle! She is an infant! The best thing you can do is set up a calming bedtime routine (bath, massage, milk, dim lights, white noise, etc.) and feed her on demand. My girls usually started to get on a loose sleeping routine at around three or four months.
    LaurLaur623

Answer by LaurLaur623 at 2:35 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Try the Magic Sleepsuit. It worked woders for me. Creator was just awarded on mom inventors.com
    Anonymous

• Establish a routine. Its all about knowing whats coming next. Give her a bath, bottle, read a book, rock her for a bit, lay her down when she is sleepy but awake, give binky (if applicable), turn out the lights (they aren't necessary and can be distracting for newborns), exit quietly, and speak softly. If you try this routine for 3 days, it should work. When you go in to her room in the middle of the night, dont get her out of the crib, give binky and soothe while she is in her crib. This lets her know its night time, and getting up isnt an option. If you have to get her out (to change diaper or feed him), dont leave her room, and try to keep it dim. Good luck! Babys thrive when they know whats coming next :). Laying baby down when they are sleepy but awake is key! :)
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 10:03 PM on Jan. 11, 2009