Does your DH respect you enough not to do something you dislike/hate or does he do things you dislike with the knowledge that you disapprove of them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• He doesnt do things that would cause a fight like go to the bar, drink, smoke or stuff like that, but if it's something minor, then he does whatever he wants no matter how I feel about it.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 12:18 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Sometimes he will do them anyways. Just like sometimes I don't do what he wants me to do. I guess it is really a bad thing. But we are both indivduals. And We can't always do what others want us to do. Even if they think we are making a bad decision. We have to do what makes us happy, but we do need to try to keep our spouses happy too. So it is a toss up as to who is right. I guess it depends on the issue.
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 12:19 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• We have a mutual respect for one another. I know there are some things he will do as a man and he knows there are things I will do as a woman. Neither of us do anything that would BOTHER the one too badly. We made the commitment to be together in good and bad times and neither one of us is getting out of this marriage unless its in a body bag.

Answer by gemgem at 12:22 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Yes he does things that I don't like but he's a grown man and I'm not his mother. I can't tell him how to live his life. As long as what he does isn't illegal and has no direct harm to me (or anyone else) then I voice my opinion but I don't try to stop him. Life is made of choices. He has the right to make his whether or not I agree with them.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:09 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I have enough respect for him to know that I'm his wife not his mother.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 1:51 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Nothing big. But like, he smokes and he knows I hate that. And he burps all the time, even though I tell him its disgusting all the time and I can't stand it. Just little obnoxious things like that.
    mambearwhitt4

Answer by mambearwhitt4 at 2:01 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I dont think it has to do with respect. He just likes to get me going. lol.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:41 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• yeah, a few things. and i rip him a new one every single time.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 8:31 PM on Jan. 11, 2009