Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what should i do?

im a single mom. ive been for the last 3 weeks or so. my bf broke up with me because he said he dosent feel the same way...which i dont get because we loved each other soo much. well at least i loved him. we are both 17 years old. we had a beautiful baby girl together. and he just left me....for another girl. only after 4 days. and she is only 14...a baby herself. i have to be a full time mom and take care of my daughter. and im still hurtting over this. ive tried so many times to make things work but he just dident allow them to. now i have to face the idea of my daughter whos only 1..going to her dads house with this 14 year old. and it just pisses me off to know that some girl is playing "house" with my daughter. i just need some advice on what should i do? and how do i try to get over this?

Answer Question

Asked by cute_08 at 10:50 AM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • im sorry sweetie but lets put it like this he is still a baby himself if he doesnt relize he has responsabilitys to u and ur child... he aint worth worrying over becuase he didnt worry bout you when he you for a while take care of ur lil gurl and yourself and when you feel you are ready probley not for a while then let him take her but until then tell him the only way he can see her is if he comes to ur home without her tell him u are not ready to have another female around your child and if he doesnt agree take him to court and have the courts pass a statment for supervised vistation and u get to choose who is there with u and ur child uncluding the 14 year old **** u can fill in the blanks good luck if u would like to talk message me

    Answer by dantemommy at 11:49 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

  • Nope. Can't get court ordered supervised visitation without being able to prove that the parent is a threat to the child(drugs, alcohol, abuse). Dating another woman is not grounds for that. She will not get it.

    She can not prove that the 14yr. old is a threat to her child, or that there is 'parental interferrance' from the 14yr. old. So she will not be able to legally bar the girl from being around the child.

    The courts will not care that she's not ready to have another woman around their child. Nor will they allow her to dictate how her ex will live his life. Which is what they will see her as trying to do.

    If she tried it, it would make her look bad to the courts...not him. She will look like the jealous, bitter ex-girlfriend trying to stick it to her baby's dad. Courts don't like that at all.

    Answer by desert_diva at 12:41 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.