when is it safe to give my child a pillow?

my daughter is 2 years old and still in her crib, but shes not sleeping well at night and is always trying to use her blankets as a pillow or somthing to lay on.. i thik its safe for her to have a pillow but i figured i would get some other opinions first..

Brandi2088

Asked by Brandi2088 at 12:32 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You can give a child a pillow as soon as they are able to deliberately move it themselves. The reason pillows are not recommended for babies is because if the pillow accidentally ends up on the babies head, they cannot move it off and could suffocate. If your child can move the pillow off their head, then they are ready for one - generally around 1 year because they have more motor control.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 1:22 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• My kids had them from day 1 so I see nothing wrong with giving her one at 2 years!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:37 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I gave my child a pillow at 15 months old-she had a cold and I wanted to prop her up a bit. When she was done with her cold I never took the pillow out. She is almost two now and has been fine!
    Anonymous

• My 15 month old has had her boppy pillow from day one. It says not to let them sleep in it but as soon as we sat her in it (so I could go do the bathroom thing) she was out. Even with the older 4 kids being noisy she slept for a little more than an hour. She doesn't like to sleep without it now. : ( Too bad for us. LOL
    momof5ga

Answer by momof5ga at 12:40 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I gave my children pillows as soon as they could sit up themselves.
    HNK11

Answer by HNK11 at 12:46 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I think the boys were about a year old. I know we gave it to them before they were out of the crib at 15 months...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:41 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• my son has a small pillow in his crib hes had it since was about a year old
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 1:43 PM on Jan. 11, 2009