Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do i have to have a high school degree to work in a daycare?

Answer Question

Asked by telo56 at 12:56 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • most likely that or a GED also CPR certified.

    Answer by krazyash023 at 12:57 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

  • you need child care courses threw a collage if not more i would check with your local daycare centers may be able to do a teachers aid type thing with only a high school diploma

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

  • it varies by state and facility.

    Answer by Chandra034 at 1:40 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

  • depends on the center. not necessarily... if not you can sit in your house 4 kids...

    Answer by AmaliaD at 1:59 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

  • In CA you need not only a HS diploma or GED, but a certain amount of college credits in Early Childhood Education, and current First Aid and CPR.

    Answer by PROGENITOR at 2:16 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

  • you should get a HS degree anyway, or at least a GED

    Answer by aliciatron at 2:56 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

  • You can volunteer but for the most part depending on the state you do need a diploma.

    Answer by robinsi2000 at 3:37 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

  • It all depends....I work at a day care...I have my HS degree

    Answer by kathynej7142007 at 6:38 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.