Steam mop for hardwood floor...

I have real hardwood floors in my kitchen and would like advice on a steam mop. I saw an infomercial for the Haan. I think Shark makes one too. Does anyone have either of these? Are they worth the money? Pros/cons would be appreciated. Thanks!

the3jsandme

Asked by the3jsandme at 12:59 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Shopping

• I do not have the steam mop, but I saw the same infomercial. I liked the fact that you can wash the pads and reuse them. I would be interested in comments also!
    RhondaJ

Answer by RhondaJ at 1:09 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I have the shark one and LOVE it. The first two times I used it I was not very happy. I called the manufacturer and they told me to keep trying it because it has to strip all the old buildup off of the floors. Well after the forth use I fell in love. My floors are not sticky and I do not have to worry about any chemicals on the floor for the baby and dogs. I have wood floors in some of my rooms and seems to work fine. Most of my house is ceramic tile. I saw the Haan one and it looks even better than mine.... Good luck.

jepelican

Answer by jepelican at 1:18 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• i had the shark and it broke after about 4 or 5 uses. it really did clean that well. we have a dog and he uses pee pads and while cleaning that eara it made the whole house smell like pee. so i have to say it is so not worth the money
    marissad

Answer by marissad at 1:32 PM on Jan. 11, 2009