whats with the mirror superstition??

i heard that its bad luck to let your newborn look at a mirrior before the age of 12 months. its off the movie "the unborn". have yall heard of it before? it kinda creeped me out lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no havent heard of it my 7 month old loves the mirror
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 1:15 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• ha ha ha ha ha ah no so not true... my daughter always played infront of the mirror....
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 1:15 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• My kids loved the mirror!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:15 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• And what supposedly happens if they do look in the mirror?
    Anonymous

• My grandson loves to play kiss the baby in the mirror.
    lynnem1211

Answer by lynnem1211 at 1:26 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Oh what the hell.

They probably created that in the movie just to scare people. It's just a silly superstition.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:30 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• smileWe let our babies play in front of the mirror but of course they were not allowed to say "Candyman".... or "Bloody Mary".....

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:31 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Ha I saw that stupid movie. I've never heard of that and when she said it I stopped and thought for a minute but then realized that they make so many baby toys with mirrors and that it's good for babies to see their own reflection because that's how they learn!! Just think of the amount of people living today that have looked in mirrors as infants, and they're still here.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:35 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Ohh and in the movie the superstition was that if a baby saw they're own reflection before they were a year old it meant they were going to die soon. Such BS.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:36 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• haha jessicarae i thought the same thing. i have a toy with a mirror and i was like "ohhh sh@t" but then i was like " no way" lol kinda creepy though
    saraelf

Answer by saraelf at 10:21 PM on Jan. 12, 2009