"How dare you breastfeed in front of my man?"

I went to the beach yesterday for a farewell party for a friend, whilst there a woman with a relatively young baby started breastfeeding. The woman in question did it quite privately but it became evident after a few minutes that a man was staring at her, she moved away slowly and finished breastfeeding and came back to sit with us. The man's wife then got up, came over to us and shrieked "how dare you breastfeed in front of my man?" and other obscenities, as if the breastfeeding lady was having an affair or something. I, myself, was disgusted, not just because of her attitude but because she had sworn in front of my children. How would you feel about this? Just some views please.

HNK11

Asked by HNK11 at 1:16 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• How ironic that she complained about someone's behavior when hers was so poor. Very badly behaved. I would avoid the woman in the future- not a nice person.

Answer by Bmat at 1:18 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Well obviously the woman has problems in the relationship if shes threatened by someone feeding their baby. I would have told her how dare you come over here and show your ass in front of MY kids and called the cops.

Answer by gemgem at 1:18 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• She's insecure , has a poor relationship with her partner ...
    Breastfeeding (for the 400th time) is a completely natural process made to nurture young children and toddlers , it is completely non sexual and anyone that has issue with it has deep seeded issues they need to deal with within themself.
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 1:19 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Wait, I'm still stuck on the part where you went to the beach yesterday! LOL! I want to go to the beach too! Ugh...... Anyway, he must have said something to her.. obviously he is a perv. I would have reported them both.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:19 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• well a baby has to eat.... they lady like you said was was doing it in private..that man shoudnt be a big and watch... its not sexy... she is feeding... AND the wife should shut up.... she should get mad at her husband for looking... Jeez... Also if someone swears infront of my kid i would had stood up and said something.... what a freak... lol sorry :)
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 1:19 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• i would have flashed the guy. but that's just my twisted sense of humor.
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 1:19 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• This sounds more like her husband is a pervert and HE has some problems. It also sounds like this woman has problems due to her husband being like this.
    If anything she should have said something to her rude husband.
    Anonymous

• how many insecure women would actually tell her husband to stop looking? most are going to go to the BFing mom and yell at her,just like this situation. don't you guys ever watch soaps? that's how insecure women behave! imo, i would've told her to mind her own business, take care of her business(her man--however she needed to, be it yell at him, get rid of him, whatever), and leave my business alone. i may have lifted a finger..or a fist, too. (sorry, just the kind of mood i'm in today)
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 1:29 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• That is very sad! The lady has definitely got some issues! My SIL breastfeeds in front of everyone. She didn't w/ her first, but does w/ the second one. Women are so discrete when it comes to breast feeding. Its not like you see a whole lot anyway!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 1:32 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I don't know how I would have handled the situation since I wasn't there, but I would have definately not have sworn or yelled in front of someones children. Obviously other things are going on with that woman and her husband that they need to work out and she needs to stop taking it out on everyone else. I agree with another poster and avoid her from now on.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 1:39 PM on Jan. 11, 2009