IS it cheating

if u are going through a divorce, have not recieved it, but have sex with an old boyfriend. Are u considered cheating on ur husband. Who cheated on u for the entire marriage. when I did not even look at another guy until the paperwork was filed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• I DON'T KNOW WHAT STATE YOU LIVE IN OR WHAT THE LAWS ARE THERE, BUT HERE IN MIAMI, WE HAVE THE NO FAULT DIVORCE INFIDELIY CANNOT BE USED AGAINST YOU IN A COURT PROCEEDING AND, ALL THAT NEEDS TO BE PROVEN IS THAT THE MARRIAGE IS IRRECONCILABLY BROKEN. SO LOOK UP THE LAWS IN YOUR STATE TO SEE IF IT COULD HARM YOU.

Answer by older at 2:31 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• if your going through a divorce and its not yet final your still married.. and yes it is cheating.
    Anonymous

• I don't think it is providing you're almost divorced and you're not 'together' anymore.
    HNK11

Answer by HNK11 at 1:34 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Legally yes it is cheating. Morally no.

Answer by gemgem at 1:34 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Legally i suppose but most people who are even just seperated start seeing other people and you are getting a divorce so your really not doing anything wrong!!! My divorce took years cause he was a pain in the ass soooooo Should i have went 2+ years without seeing someone else I THINK NOT!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 1:37 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• morally, yes, it is still cheating. you are still legally married..two wrongs don't make a right...you're just wanting revenge for something that hurt you, to someone who obviously doesn't care...just wait..and you'll feel better about yourself. revenge-sex does nothing to help heal your pain, or move you toward true forgiveness.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 1:37 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Technically it is cheating. And if you husband finds out he can still say you are just as guilty of infidelity in the marriage...so be careful. But more importantly you should not entertaining any other relationships while you are going through the divorce. Trust me, keep your head clear so you can take care of business. You only want the sex with the old flame because you are vulnerable and feeling that need to be loved. There will be plenty of time to cover all that. Right now you've got serious work to do, especially if you have kids involved. Put all your energy into that.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 1:38 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I think that if you are legally split and are close to a divorce, then it is ok to move on. I do not see anything wrong with that. If there is any hope of you 2 reconciling, then I would consider staying away from other men, as you do not want to cause any further problems.
    I would not, however, use his cheating as a justification for sleeping with someone else, as someone else stated, two wrongs do not make a right.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 1:48 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• If you have to ask then you already know the answer!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 1:58 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• if your husband were to find out he could use it against you in court as long as he has hard evidence and yes it is still cheating.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 2:12 PM on Jan. 11, 2009