3 year old just seems sad.

I don't know what's wrong... I've asked her and talked to her and she just shrugs and walks off. She's normally perky happy and hyper but these last two days she's just very sad and upset. And not like throwing fits crying sad but like depressed sad. how long should I watch this before I get to worried? She goes off and plays with herself and doesn't want me or her little brother playing with her. Any ideas to snap my baby girl out of this? It's making me way sad and I just don't know what to do! I love her so very much and it's killing me to see her like this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Dec. 19, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• maybe she is not really sad. I have a little one I sit for sometimes and she was very talkative- played with everyone and then she sort of clammed up and startign wanting to play by herself too. It may be the age? But if it worries you, Id call her pedi just to see what they say,
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 11:44 AM on Dec. 19, 2011

• Awwww :(

Do you know if something happened at day care or at home that is making her sad? Is it possible she's feeling a bit under the weather? Is she missing someone maybe?

Just trying to think of some ideas
    Brawnwyn

Answer by Brawnwyn at 11:44 AM on Dec. 19, 2011

• Her dad and I are thinking of getting back together but haven't mentioned it to the kids yet in case it doesn't happen but I don't know if she's just sensing change? is that possble
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:46 AM on Dec. 19, 2011

• It could be. You know how intuitive kids are; they can really zoom in on your emotional state.
    Brawnwyn

Answer by Brawnwyn at 12:05 PM on Dec. 19, 2011

• Has she been left with a new sitter, or does she display clinginess when you are leaving her?
    ceejay1

Answer by ceejay1 at 12:11 PM on Dec. 19, 2011

• I personally, would take her to see her Pediatrician, directly after the Holidays, if she does not improve, JMHO. CJ~
    ceejay1

Answer by ceejay1 at 12:12 PM on Dec. 19, 2011

• One of my friends daughter took her and we couldn't find them for a while the other day to find them in the bathroom which made me nervous and uneasy for some reason her daughter is 14 and not in her right mind. I told her not to take her but she was off in a heartbeat (told her not to take her anywhere because we were planning on leaving soon from the church) but I don't know. I'm really worried about her.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:13 PM on Dec. 19, 2011

• One of my friends daughter took her and we couldn't find them for a while the other day to find them

How long was it that you couldn't find her?
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 12:47 PM on Dec. 19, 2011

• Probably about 20 minutes,
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:32 PM on Dec. 19, 2011

• and you are not putting 2 and 2 together? If someone took my child and I was the least bit concerned we would have gone straight to er to make sure nothing happend.

luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 3:16 PM on Dec. 19, 2011