My Yorkie will NOT pee outside!!!

How can I get her to go outside. I will stand ouside with her for almost 3o mins. The minute we come in she pees on the carpet. It is driving me NUTS!!! Any advice is much appreciated!

Makenseysmom

Asked by Makenseysmom at 1:44 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Pets

• you could litter box train her I lived in upstate ny and a friend of mine had to do that with there little dog b/c it wouldn't go out in the cold or snow
    babyspots17

Answer by babyspots17 at 1:56 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Yorkies, I beleive are that way. We are looking for another dog and thought about yorkies..I contact a lady about a retired 2 yr old and she said that all her adults have potty training issues and that we'd definately have to work with them. So we're not sure about having a small dog with potty issues rightnow. I also have a friend who had 2 yorkies and she got rid of them when she had her baby because of their potty issues (along with caring for a baby) was beginning to get too much.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 4:43 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• There is a spray that you can buy, not sure where, that apparently has the pee smell on it that might work. It might be that it works best with males b/c they particularly like to piddle over where other dogs have gone. But I might ask a pet shop about this and see if it works with your dog. I would also make sure to take my dog to the spot she went last time. Or, when you wipe up her piddle from the floor, take that towel (paper towel or rag) outdoors and put it on the ground so that she will learn to piddle there.
    Is she still a pup? If she is and simply hasn't housetrained yet, I can tell you how to do that pretty easily. I have 2 shih tzu's and they can be quite stubborn, BUT mine are trained well and I simply used the same technic with both and the newer pup trained within 2 weeks. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 6:30 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Mine does not like it either...the grass tickles her ass! I have to walk out with her, say "pee pee poop poop"...she then squats to do her duties, keeping an eye on me the entire time...she beats me back to the door!
    dhoppe

Answer by dhoppe at 6:10 PM on Jan. 13, 2009