#1 my mother in law doesn't believe i'm being abused

Don'tget me wrong I love MIL i just need help into seeing if i'm wrong or is she. My husband has been emotionally , verbally and was physically abusing me . I'll start at the very beginning not to bore you guys but so you have a fair picture. So i have been married to my husband for 8 years now we were dating 6 years before that , he and i met at work . I am a year older than him as well. My MIL didn't know what to think of me during our dating times . I was into drugs so was he and she was worried . One night i left my home and went to his home and she was awake I was drunk and had throw up in my hair and she helped me clean it out and she let me spend the night we were 17, 18 That was my first meeting with her . I then went into rehab and she actually congratulated me on that. Also i am mexican and his whole family is white . I'm not being racist i just felt awkward. I got out of rehab 3
PLEASE GO To 2 to cont.

agoogoo

Asked by agoogoo at 1:47 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• If he's hitting you, what she believes is UTTERLY UNIMPORTANT.

I hope you have police reports.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:49 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I dont need the whole story. Abuse can be emotional, mental & physical but it is all abuse. If a man lays his hand on you in anger then you need to leave otherwise you are teaching your children that life is ok. Odds are his mom was an abused woman and to admit you are is to admit she was.

Answer by gemgem at 1:52 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• ive been there- and weetie please start looking for a way out- a pastor- your family.. or just call an 800 number for domestic abuse- the good news is you've come to terms that your being abused- for me that was the hardest part- im now with a very loving man- who would never hurt me- and believe me they are out there- and i walked into this marriage with 5 daughters! he loves them all-
    please do something- because it will not stop unless you take yoursef out of the situation- it doesnt matter what youve done- we all have made mistakes- and it doesnt matter what mil thinks- thats her son- most moms think thier kids can do no wrong- LOVE YOURSELF- OR JUST LEAVE AN THEN LEARN TO LOVE YOURSELF! IM IF YOU NEED TO TALK!
    KITTYLITTLES

Answer by KITTYLITTLES at 5:17 PM on Jan. 12, 2009