what should i do?

im a single mom. ive been for the last 3 weeks or so. my boyfriend broke up with me because he said i dont feel the same way...which i dont get because we loved each other soo much. well at least i loved him. we are both 17 years old. we had a beautiful baby girl together. and he just left me....for another girl. only after 4 days. and she is only 14...a baby herself. i have to be a full time mom and take care of my daughter. and im still hurtting over this. ive tried so many times to make things work out but he dosent allow it. my daughter who is only 1...has to go over to her dads every other weekend and see this 14 year old girl. i hate it. i think about his girlfriend playing with my daughter...she has no idea how its like to raise a baby and not go to school or work or anything. its very hard! i dont know how to get over this. i still dont even know how to move on. what should i do? how do i move on and get over this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• Tell him if he wants to see his daughter, it has to be supervised. Don't let him have the baby by himself. And to let you know, once he turns 18 he can get into alot of trouble for being with a 14 year old MINOR!!!! Thats Illegal. Your baby should NOT be around that. If you have to, take him to court if he does not agree with having supervised visits with you present. The courts will get on him for having a MINOR as a Girlfriend.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I TOTALLY agree with Anonymous!!! I would not want my child around that. Good Luck.
    You really need to do what is right for you and your little girl. I know that it hurts, but think of your daughter. You diserve WAY better than that, and so does your little girl!!!!!!
    tizzolsen

Answer by tizzolsen at 11:21 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Can his mom help? If he continues with her he will be committing a crime once he turns 18. You could turn him in to CPS if that happens and he could lose visitation of his own minor daughter. The positive side of her age is she looks up to you because you are older. You are in control. I told the seventeen yr old that took my husband away from me many years ago "You took my husband but you won't take my son". I meant that. I stayed in control and she listened and obeyed my rules. She knew if she screwed up I'd take visitation away from my x husband and then he'd blame her so you have some leverage. Also, 14 yr olds make great babysitters! You can do this. Don't let them see you are upset over this. Stand up straight and show confidence in yourself. Men are attracted to that and not tears. If that doesn't make him come to his senses then some great guy will notice and will sweep you off your feet! If that happens then enjoy the new guy while bf and Hannah Montana babysit!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:53 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• First off...look into what the age of consent is in your state. If it's 14(which it is in some states), then he won't get into trouble. If he's not, just stay out of it. Yeah it's hard to think of another woman with your kiddo, but you have to do it. It's going to be a fact of life for you from now on, so the sooner you adjust to it the easier it's going to make your life.

It sucks a$$ to watch the person you love move on with their life, and include someone else in that. Especially when your kiddo is involved. And I'm sorry you've found yourself in that situation at such a young age.

desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 12:23 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• 14? Just sit back and laugh. Not only can he go to jail when he's 18 (age difference is +3 yrs depending on which state), but Ms. 14 will be busy going to high school and discovering her own interests which probably won't include being a step-mom. Men at that age are really immature. When you turn 18, start looking for someone in their early 20s that is more mature. Every other weekend gives you the opportunity to study or date or relax with friends. I know you hate it right now..but give it a few months. It's horrible so keep yourself focused on a goal like education to avoid moping.
    Anonymous