Online College Courses

Is there any websites where high school students can take courses that give college credits.

MiasMommy6908

Asked by MiasMommy6908 at 1:53 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I would avoid "Online Universities" like Pheonix University or whatever it is. Try your local Community College. Most colleges and universities now days offer some online courses, but you have to be enrolled in the school. The Community College is a great place to start.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:52 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I would agree with checking with you local colleges. I would also talk to the high school because they may have worked something out already. I know that when I was in school they already had a program with a local college.

Now a days most colleges offer some sort of online classes. The other thing that you can look into is CLEP. you can clep some college classes.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:25 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Most colleges have courses that you can take on line. Our community college here in our town offers courses, and anyone can enroll in them, regardless of age. Just keep in mind, that with on line courses, you have to be very disciplined to get the required work done. My son took some on line classes and would wait until the last minute to finish the assignments,, so he slacked off. Some people may think that taking an on line class is easier...
    dollydimples419

Answer by dollydimples419 at 2:04 PM on Jan. 12, 2009