carnation instant breakfast?

It just dawned on me that with all the extra vitamins in carnation instant breakfast it might be putting me over the limit with the prenatal, too. Has anyone been told not to drink it or that it is okay to drink it while pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well, I was told to take my prenatals and drink Ensure drinks three times a day... and those are about the same thing as Carnation instant breakfast, so I think you're fine ;o)
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 2:07 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• due to the way our bodies do not actually metabolize vitamins in pill form as easily as liquid form, I'd say you're fine. Just because the bottle of pills says it's 100% of daily value doesn't actually mean your body absorbs it.
    Anonymous

• the UL for most vitamins and minerals is more than any one could reasonably eat in a day (with the exeption of vit A which is pretty low). I'm sure its fine. But if youre really concerend about it here is a link with all of the vitamins and there upper limits....just make sure when you read it you look under the UL column and the pregnancy row. :) http://www.iom.edu/Object.File/Master/7/296/0.pdf
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 1:59 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• (OP speaking) Vitamin A is what my concern is and it doesn't give the IU amount on the back of the can, only the daily percentage. It has 45% of the daily value. My prenatal has 63% of the daily value, of V-A. I'm sure things are okay, too, but I was just wondering if anyone else had this concern or been told one way or the other by their doctor if it was fine. I'll ask mine when I go in a couple of weeks and until then it won't kill me to not drink it.
    Anonymous

• for vit A the RDA recomends 770 mc/day, the UL (limit for healthy consumption) is 3,000 mc/day in pregnancy.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 2:08 PM on Jan. 11, 2009