pregnant

hello i am 16 years old i went to a free pregnancy clinc december 3,2008 and found out i was 8 weeks and 5 days my mom knows but won't take me to a doctor i was wondering if i could go by myself i been having really bad morning sickness and headaches wat should i do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Get a ride from a friend to the social services building and apply for medicaid. When you do there is a thing you can check saying you need help getting to and from dr appts and they will pick you up and drop you back off. While you are there ask if there is an adolescent parenting program. If there is get involved with that. They help get your through school, give you parenting classes, baby things, a coach for the hospital etc.

Answer by gemgem at 1:58 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Ok im not positive on this but my doctor told my mother (i was 17 when i got pregnant) that when you become pregnant underage you are amansipated by your parents, im in florida i have no idea if this is correct but it IS what my doctor had told me. 2nd you NEED to go to the doctor for your health and your babys, i dont know the situation between you and your mother but i couldnt imagine why your mother wont want you to go to the doctor. Maybe you dont have insurance? if thats the case then you can look into medicare or whatever. Talk to your mom and explain to her that you need to go hopefully she will understand. I wish you so much luck! if you need to talk you are welcome to be my friend! again good luck and congrats
    masonsmommy921

Answer by masonsmommy921 at 2:03 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Sweetie, this must be very scary for you. give your mom some time she is in major shock right now.  Do you have a friend you can talk to?  You need to go to the doctors to get a check up!  Good luck to you

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 2:24 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• im 16 and have a 4 month old i no longer live at home i live with my daughters father because of conflicts i had message me and we can talk if you want [=
    lovencasper5307

Answer by lovencasper5307 at 6:29 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• hi sweetie, i'm 16 and pregnant as well, and yes u can go by a doctor by yourself and see whats going down with you and the baby. i'm 15 weeks pregnant and my mom doesnt know as yet. if your feeling sick (morning sickness) just sit on a chair and put your head between your legs and when your feeling much better drink or eat something if u can. i dont know alot about pregnancy cause this is my first baby, but know this there are very mean people and are very nasty so just ignore them. and there are some very nice ones they can help u out like they did for me. and please take good care of yourself and the baby
    babykiss

Answer by babykiss at 1:16 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• they cannot deny you health care because of your age... do you have insurance? If not, apply for your states financial aid and insurance.
    lillie023

Answer by lillie023 at 3:48 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• You can go by yourself... you don't need your mom to take you. You could always have a friend go with you if that'd make you feel more comfortable.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 9:31 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• oh yes, you can go to the dept of family, children services (dfacs, social services) and apply for medical help. They will not deny you. Then you need to choose a doc and get an appt. Do this on your own first. Your mom will come around. Shes probably just scared for you and its breaking her heart to see you like this. Have a friend go with you for support. Good luck.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:04 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I'm sorry your facing this alone. You and your baby need medical attention now. Give mom some slack since I'm sure it's a complete shock to her and you also. Do you have a Planned Parenthood around you? I believe they can offer you low cost medical care or if your still in school the school nurse. Either one can offer you help in finding medical care.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 4:40 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• hi yeah i had to go through the same thing i was 14 when i had my son and 17 now but yeah my mom did not want me to keep my son but for the longest time she wouldnt talk to me i know what you have to be feeling right now its soo hard to be happy when a close person like you mom dont want to except it but you need to be happy the stress is not good for the baby!! maybe your not in the best situation but this is a gift from god so enjoy it i wish i would have just been happy and not have worried about what everyone thought well yes i learned that you can go alone and now your pregnant you can do it all you are the mother of that child now but yeah you can message me!!
    Reneemommy

Answer by Reneemommy at 5:42 PM on Jan. 12, 2009