I need tips on how to help my 10 month old adjust to living in a hotel room for 3 weeks.

We are having major renovations done on our home, so we will be staying in a suite at an extended stay hotel for about three weeks. I am worried about how my 10 month old will take to the whole experience. (will he still sleep through the night, take his naps, etc) How can I make this change easier for him (and me)?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Use his playpen as his crib since it's something familiar. Also, bring lots of snuggly blankets he will recognize and his favorite toys. It might be tough for the first few days but it will get easier.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:00 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• He might have problems with sleeping, due to unfamilar surroundings but again he might surprise you! Best thing to do is bring his blankets, stuffed toys, his own pillow and his favorite Toys. Let him help you pack his stuff and make it fun! It will be rough, but you'll make it! :)
    Good Luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Stick as close to your daily routine as possible while there. He might have trouble at first, but will quickly adjust!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:17 AM on Jul. 17, 2008