Define "flirting"

my husband flirts from time to time. he says he doesn't know he's doing it. i honestly don't know. how would you define flirting?

mambearwhitt4

Asked by mambearwhitt4 at 2:07 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• He is COMPLAINING about YOU to other women?

Oh HELL no.

That's disrespectful and tacky and rude. Nobody deserves that!

If he doesn't have the self-respect to act like a man, I feel sorry for him.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:53 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I think it's the intent behind the behavior, not just the behavior itself.

My DH is not the smoothest but I always knew when he is flirting with me.

Sometimes a question is just a question, and sometimes it is something more.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:09 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Oh, maybe i should also clarify. i mean, he flirts with other girls. lol. it starts out with them flirting with him and then he kinda goes with it...i mean, he's got to know hes doing it, right? also, all he does is bitch about me to other women, so don't you think that sends out an "unhappy" vibe?
    mambearwhitt4

Answer by mambearwhitt4 at 2:11 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• that is just wrong, my husband says he doesnt know that he is flirting but if i did the same thing then he would cuss me out.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 2:15 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Exactly mrssundin! i always tell him to think about if he would say those things to someone if i was there. he always says he doesnt know if he would...but i highly doubt it.
    mambearwhitt4

Answer by mambearwhitt4 at 2:17 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Flirting is anything you say or do that gets a "reaction" whether positive or negative, from the person it's directed at. I think if you are in a committed relationship, you shouldn't flirt with anyone ever. It's very deceiving to the person you are flirting with. And if you do it in the presence of your mate, it is totally disrespectful!
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 2:25 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• yes, one knows when they're flirting
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 2:26 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Flirting is when he is focused intently on the other person, standing near her, looking into her eyes, talking only to her without including others in the conversation. It's that intent look at her, that focusing on her that shows flirting. Normally when someone talks to someone the eyes move to others and to the rest of the room. In flirting others can almost see an electric charge travel between the two people.

Answer by Bmat at 2:53 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• yup. like, at his old store he would complain about me to this one girl. and he would make jokes to her about masturbating and it just really rubbed me the wrong way. i mean, to her he was interested, even though he says he would never do anything. i believe he wouldn't fool around with anyone, but i just felt it was disrespectful to even talk to another woman that way...especially since he was confiding in her things he hadn't told me.
    mambearwhitt4

Answer by mambearwhitt4 at 3:00 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• That's not flirting - that's gross.

Where is his father? Who taught him it was OK to behave like this? Better yet - where is YOUR father? Maybe Mr. Talks-a-Lot can be scared straight?

Is he young? That's not an excuse but seriously - what was he - raised by wolves?

Ridiculous.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:07 PM on Jan. 11, 2009