Is anyone a Tupperware consultant?

I'm thinking of trying it out, but was wondering what you all thought. Could you please tell me some of the pros and cons you've experienced to help me decide. Any input will be greatly appreciated!

Nurse1209

Asked by Nurse1209 at 2:07 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Money & Work

• I used to do Tupperware. It was not for me. Most of my customers would just buy one thing,just to be kind...and complain they could replace the item about 5 times for a lot cheaper at Wal-Mart. Tupperware is good for some fundraisers,and they do have lifetime guarantee...but that was still not enough to win over my customers.LOL. I do Pure Romance now,and it fits my personality better and I actually profit enough to spend a lot and save a lot.Everyone is different, you just have to find what you are passionate about and work hard.
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 6:29 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I tried it and I was the only one buying it! So it was not for me No money coming in all going out!!!! I did find one that fits me perfectly Scentsy I love candles but hate the danger (my husband is a fireman ) I had one of my flame candles burst once and that was it for me until I found Scentsy and thought well if nothing else my house will smell great so I joined and the rest is history they really do sell themselves because no one had heard of them and they are beautiful and safe! I have done several Direct Sell things before and none of them ever worker for me but now in 10 short months I have 80 people in my downline and am having the time of my life! People love this stuff and it really does sell itself! Sorry for the long answer I guess what I'm trying to say is find something that you like and it will happen I'm living proof just don't give up!
    bdba673

Answer by bdba673 at 10:44 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• If you LOVE the product, then you will probably do well. Being in the direct selling industry, I know that is the most important. I will say it is easier when you have a consumable product because you have reorders. But with anything, you have to be self motivated to do the work. Being your own boss is a double edged sword.  It is great, but you have to be the one that tells you to work!  And I have found, the only way to fail is to quit in any type of business!

AmyMK

Answer by AmyMK at 5:14 PM on Jan. 12, 2009

• I am a consultant. I have been doing it for a little over a year and I am a manager. If you would love to talk you about the opportunities can contact me on here,call, or my site.

Heather Shaneyfelt
    Tupperware Star Manager
    425-345-8877
    http://www.my.tupperware.com/shaneyfelt1
    Nascarmom

Answer by Nascarmom at 7:41 PM on Apr. 10, 2009