Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i haven't had my period going on 6 months now i have been to the doctors and they don't find nothing there anything you might recommend that might be helpful in helping me get back on track with getting my period.

doctors dont fine nothing wrong.


Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • I'd recommend going on birth control pills until your period gets regulated again.
    heck, you may even be going into pre-menopause.
    If you are TTC, I'd also recommend a fertility specialist as they would be better educated on what you could do.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

  • They can give you hormones though to get your period going again. If the doctor seriously cannot figure out what's wrong, then I'd go for a second opinion.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

  • If the doctor says its all good and you are fine and you are also not pregnant, then i dont think there is anything to worry about.

    My sister didnt get her period for many years and the doctors couldnt figure out why. She is absolutely alright and healthy though.

    Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:37 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

  • I'm not really very overweight, but for some reason my hormones get ALL screwed up over just a few extra pounds and I'll stop having periods. I didn't lose much of my pregnancy weight after I had my daughter and I was only getting periods every 4 months or so and my doctor suggested I try to drop a little of the weight. After I lost a little, I started my periods right back up and they were right back to regular. I guess your fat cells trap hormones, and once I shed those few extra pounds I was fine. Even if you don't have much weight to lose, shedding a couple pounds could help.

    Answer by kabbot01 at 2:43 PM on Jan. 11, 2009