• In the Spotlight:

do you call your child a different name?

my lil girl is 8 months old, we were at church in the play area instead of me calling her jade i said sissy, i have 4 sisters and we call each other sissy but this lady had such a fit, i walked out and gave her a figer, i was so pissed. 1 i don't think i need to express why i call her sissy 2. she knows who i am talking about and she knows her real name, and 3 this is my child not hers.. do you call your child a different name?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• why would she get upset that your daughter has a nickname? how silly!
    I call my son Buddy, Bug, Brother
    I call my daughter Gur, Sissy, Princes

also the occasional "HEY YOU!" LOL
    Anonymous

• Yep I do. My dds name is Sara and we call her cherry, it started as sarebear, then charchar and now cherry. My oldest dd we always called Sissy. Thats what her brothers called her. Her name was Kristen, I called her Krissy, then Sissy. That woman deserved the finger LOL. What it to her what pet names you have for YOUR kids?

Answer by gemgem at 2:27 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• my daughter has all kinds of different names from me!! haha...some of them don't even make sense but who cares!!!! Her name is Brittany Rose but I call her Tweetums, Rosebud, Chiparina...all kinds of things. WTH does that lady care WHAT you call your child? It's all out of love anyway. Some people.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 2:28 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• i have alot of names for my childern, i call my 6 month old lil girl, sis, my sweetie, hun i even call my boys lil man or lil men but i have never had a person make a fight out of it. i even have names for my hubby but i think i will zip my lips on that one...lol
    semiwife

Answer by semiwife at 2:28 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I call my son "Bubba" or "Bubbie". I don't know where I got it from, it just kinda came out one day and stuck. People look at me weird lol. His name is Izaiah so sometimes we just call him Zaiah too.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:29 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• your life would be easy and you'd be happy if someone left you alone to parent YOUR children but happiness is a government conspiracy. my son is William Michael Nelson Jr. my hubby is William Jamal and his family calls him Jamie. the family had alrady dubbed our son lil Jamie so to nip that cuz hubby hates the name jamie we made the nickname Jay. it's stuck. im not changing for anyone and believe me i get questions! also my daugter is Ciara Cheyanne. we call her CiCi or Chey (pronounced like 'Shay'). i wish someone would say something lol
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 2:29 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Monkey and Monster
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 2:33 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• You gave someone the finger at CHURCH?
    Anonymous

• I dislike it more when others judge your child's nicknames, or think they can pick your child's nickname. I always ask what a child's name is to either that child or parent, and respect it as that... as you mentioned it's not my child. As for if I call my kids' something else, yeah... their names are long and beautiful, but I have shorter nicknames I created when they were younger because others tried to shorten their names, and other peoples choice of shortening wasn't always pretty.

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 2:35 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• we have about 5billion nicknames for our DD... not sure whats wrong with that. She knows exactly what her name is, "Corian".

:)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:35 PM on Jan. 11, 2009