My son Connor, I did something bad... I forgot to put on a pull up on him last night.

BUT! He didnt pee at all last night! He woke up dry! I was so suprised I asked him "Buddy, did you go pee in the potty last night?" He smiled and said "Yep!" And I smiled. So heres my question, Should I allow him to go to bed without a pull up now? This is the second time I have done this(the first time was a purpose thing) but yea, I want to know if it is wise to let him sleep in big boy undies?

WashuChan

Asked by WashuChan at 10:59 AM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think so! Yeah for him!
    Put two layers of sheets on his bed (plastic sheet, top sheet, repeat) so you can quickly strip off the wet ones if needed. Also, make sure there is a clean pair of PJs for him to put on if needed.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:26 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• It can't hurt to try. Just put a waterproof pad or sheet inderneath his fitted sheet just in case. If you don't have anything, try a garbage bag. It's hard to get pee out of a mattress once it's soaked in (assuming yours doesn't have a vinyl cover).
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:01 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Yes yes yes!!! Good for him! He might have accidents, but like ReneeK3 said, make sure you put something waterproof under his sheets! It's hard to get pee out of a mattress! Maybe impossible!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:15 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• The level of confidence he will get from wearing big boy underwear to bed will be worth having to occasionally wash sheets. And I agree with the above, get a waterproof bedpad. You can get them at walmart or anywhere that sells sheets relatively cheap. My son was in pullups at night for only about 2 weeks after he switched to underwear in the day. If they are ready, it is amazing how quickly they can adjust.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:22 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• This is so cool! I havent tried putting plastic sheets on or anything like that, but its been.. 4 tries out or 4 tries, HES CLEAN! No more wet! :D!!! He gets up in the middle of the night and goes potty! :D!!!!!!!! ::does the no more pull ups dance:: woot woot!
    WashuChan

Answer by WashuChan at 11:42 AM on Jul. 19, 2008