how are bed bugs started?

like is it because the room is dirty? or is it only contracted like lice? what starts bed bugs?

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 2:27 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Chances are someone brought them in by way of luggage from an infested room somewhere. I hear they are becoming more of a problem with the pesticide regulations. Check the mattress when you stay at a hotel or motel. little dots along the edging of the mattress or tiny flecks of blood are signs.

Answer by Bmat at 2:32 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• yea, its brought in from somewhere.
    Anonymous

• it's not brought in from ANYWHERE!! They are microscopic bugs that live of EVERYTHING!! It does not mean you are dirty or are dragging in creepies from the outside. Now of course, lice and other parasites can be contracted and you have to get rid of those but "bedbugs" are normal. Do not fret.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 2:31 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Bed bugs are not microscoptic thats something diff
    http://www.medicinenet.com/bed_bugs/article.htm

Answer by gemgem at 2:33 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Sorry to tell you they are NOT microscopic. You can def see them. They have nothing to do with being dirty or living in dirty circumstances. They are like roaches in Texas and ladybugs in late summer Michigan. Ants in the kitchen on and on and on. They just are there lol. A nuiscense. They bite and if left untreated will spread to the thousands.

mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 2:33 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• How are bedbugs started?

Well.....first a Momma BedBug and a Daddy BedBug have to love each other VERY much. Then they hug each other really tight in a special hug. Then a Baby BedBug is born!

OH - wrong question.

Actually bedbugs are nasty little things that drink your blood and leave tiny little bites. You can pick the little travelers up in a hotel or someone's home and bring them back. And they are nasty - males eject right into the female's body cavity to sperminate the eggs. And they SMELL. Yeech. And whatever you do to get rid of them - keep on keepin' on....they can live forever.

Good luck!
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:38 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• MammaMia is thinking of spider mites, I think, that is the name for them.

Answer by Bmat at 2:38 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• oh..oops. I have never dealt with any of these other things so I was thinking of the microscopic ones that live on everything (including US). Thanks for the clear up, ladies.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 2:47 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• yeah maybe you are thinking of dust mites......that are in everything!!!! lol

I have never seen them but when I was in the hotel industry one of the hotels in my chain had 2 rooms that became infested with them........the rooms were shut down for months on end......and Ecolab came and treated the room like over and over each week until they were eliminated....UGH
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 3:34 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• lol sorry thats funny wimsey
    shannonmarie759

Answer by shannonmarie759 at 5:27 PM on Jan. 11, 2009