i haven't had my period going on 6 months now i have been to the doctors and they don't find nothing wrong..is there anything you might recommend that might be helpful in helping me get back on track with getting my period

help!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• http://www.womenshealth.org/a/secondary_amenorrhea.htm

Answer by gemgem at 2:49 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Have you been checked for polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). I have tht and I will go for years between having a period. I do have two girls. They were 17 years apart. Please check the symptoms or give me a holler and I will tell you my symptoms.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 3:03 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Same thing happened to me, but not for 6 months, mine was 3. I went to the dr, I was not pregnant and not producing progesterone. Was prescribed Provera to make it start. Your doctor should have made some suggestions about this. I am not trying to get pregnant. IF you are, you need to tell the doctor. It isn't necessary for you to have a period, so if the dr didn't know it was important to you, for fertility reasons, then they wouldn't necessarily do anything about it. So, call and follow up. Remember, dr can't help if they don't know your goals. You should not suffer in silence.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 7:05 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Have you tried Birth control? It could help.
    Anonymous

• vitex works
    misscomplex9890

Answer by misscomplex9890 at 10:37 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• ask them to check you for pcos...polycystic ovarian syndrome. i was lucky...my doc was awesome and knew exactly what to look for. i needed meds and fertility treatments to conceive. good luck!
    tstep972

Answer by tstep972 at 11:27 PM on Jan. 13, 2009