Your experiance with a Doula??

I asked this about a week or two ago but it was later at night so I thought maybe Id get a response during the day =)

Just wanted to see what you mama's thought of having a doula with you through your L&D. I am planning on having one and have heard very positive things from how it helps the mother stay calm, have less of a chance of c-section and epi's,as well as how they can help communicate your needs and wishes to the medical staff without you screaming at them yourself LOL. Oh ya and how did your SO feel about the doula as well?

ReneeLRS

Asked by ReneeLRS at 3:07 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Iv never had one but I really wish I did just like you said they can talk to the doc for you. Both of my labors i wished I had someone there that knew what I wanted and would help me make sure it happens. I always feel rushed and doctors always give me reasons that arent true on why we have to hurry up and have the baby like im stupid and dont know anything. The worst part is they always wait til im tired and dont want to argue. Thank goodness I havent be presured into a c section or anything, but I know others that have been because they didnt have anyone that knows enough to make the doctor not rush them.
    RiverKyla

Answer by RiverKyla at 4:26 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I chose to have a doula and my midwife at my home birth. No one else and I would not have it any other way. I have hired the same doula that I had almost 3 years ago for the birth of my son.
    MonroeLoves82

Answer by MonroeLoves82 at 5:13 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I am a Doula =) and I had a Doula for my pregnancy- unfortunately she didn't make it to my birth- but was there for me postpartum. I wished she had made it- my experience in the hospital was awful. It was because of her, though, that I became a Doula! Even though she missed the birth, she did give me lots of encouragement and information during my pregnancy, which helped out a LOT.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 5:25 PM on Jan. 11, 2009