Are you happy with your GYN doc looking back at your pregnancy and delivery? would you go with the same doc again for the next baby or recommend the doc to others?

thecat3

Asked by thecat3 at 3:16 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are you happy with your GYN doc looking back at your pregnancy and delivery?
    YES!!! My Doctor was Great!!! :)

Would you go with the same doc again for the next baby or recommend the doc to others?
    YES!!!
    ProudOhioMom

Answer by ProudOhioMom at 3:18 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Yes! They are excelent!! I sent my SIL and 2 of my other friends there too... I've had two kids with the same ones.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:19 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Yes!!! She was fantastic!
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 3:21 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I have had two doctors and they are both with the same clinic. I love them both I recommend them to everyone and I continue to go to them. They are both male doctors.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 3:34 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Liiving in different states when my kids were born I had three different ob's. My first one I would never go back to,he misdiagnosed me with a lung problem during that put me through hell.But just before I was discharged after my csec he came to me and asked me if I was sure I wanted my son circumcised,reminding me was a choice not medically necessary hardly ever. I did love him for that. My second ob waiting to see him before discharge he came in finally and told me he was late cuz of a csec on a 12 year old girl!! He was very professional yet sad in heart for hardship the girl was in. Nice nice guy. My third ob was calm,great, reaassuring me the ruptured cyst I'd re had was ok and after that a breast cancer scare was just that - a scare to track but not breast cancer. A woman ob I'd dropped cuz of elvira nails that scratched me internally!
    Anonymous

• I loved my doctor. She was great during my pregnancy, helped me get the things I needed for my back problems and other issues.. she was supportive and preferred all natural means of delivery, was against an unnecessary episiotomy and did a fantastic job through all of my pregnancy and labor and delivery. The hospital is another story. Simply because she only works at that hospital.. I will not go back to her when I am pregnant again. I am continuing to use her office until I have my next baby because I do like it there and I know the people and all that, but simply because of the hospital they are associated with I will never have another baby there. It was horrible and I wish I had known ahead of time because I would have gotten comfortable with another doctor and had a better delivery. I always recommend the doctor, but never that hospital
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 3:49 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• NO, he didn't communicate with me about anything. He would check the HB and measure the fundus and that was it. He never check the positioning which I thought was wierd. After the c-section he never told me my limits: when I can have sex, birth control recommendations, exercise, etc. He wasn't bad but he had no communication. I had my son in Topeka and that doctor is up there. Now that I'm in Kansas City, I see a doctor for pap smears. Love him! He's very social, opens up to your questions, and even said he'd let me do a VBAC next time if everything goes smoothly v.s. the doctor in Topeka doesn't do VBACs.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 3:58 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Yes, I love him dearly. He saved my life as well as the life of our last baby.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 4:15 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• yes! I had the same doctor for both of mine and although my daughter was delovered by a nurse i will go back next month to get the IUD out and to talk about other options to regulate my cycle. and then to be my ob for the next one
    ckmomof2

Answer by ckmomof2 at 4:31 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I went to a group where you get whoever is on call. I was so excited to be induced by the only male Dr. in the group because I'd seen him several times and really liked him. During my induction, he was horrible. He gave no thought for my comfort, medical need or any thing else. Thankfully shift change came and the Dr. that I thought I'd hated and felt cursed to be seeing turned out to be my Angel. Who knew. I would recommend the practice, but not the particular Dr. that initiated my induction.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 4:32 PM on Jan. 11, 2009