any suggestions to make it better

Im pregnant, have no friends where I live, the closest ones are three thousand miles away, my husband is over seas, Im living with my mom until a bit after the baby is born and I feel so alone all the time. Im not religious and the area I live in is small and doesnt have any group type things. My mother busts down my confidence in everything I do and Im starting to feel absolutely horrible about myself. I try to keep myself busy with crafts and stuff but money is tight and I feel guilty about spending anything at all, even for food which I seem to be going through like a 14 yr boy. Any suggestions on what to do to help make things better?..please no bashing im in tears already and if I wanted more of that I would just go down and be around my mother. (ps i do try really hard to keep a good attitude and ignore things that bug me but sometimes it all builds up)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• oh sorry i put this in pregnancy i didnt know where else to put it cause its not relationship stuff or really any other topic they had to pic from
    Anonymous

• Focus on things that would make you feel better. Like exercising for the health of you and your baby- take a walk for example. You could read to your baby, they like that. Take really relaxing baths to soak in. Primp your self up like doing your nails or something. Do you get the idea. Right now you need to focus on you and your baby. Do things that make you happy whatever that is.
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 3:29 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Maybe start putting together a scrapbook of you and your husband. Maybe start doing one of your baby as you get further a long,, starting w/ ultra sound pictures, pictures of the babys room, picture of your belly, etc... Find an internet site that you like that you are able to interact w/ others going thru pregnancy as well. I'm new to this site, and it seems like a good one so far. Good luck hun!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 3:33 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I'm sorry you are feeling so alone...I've been there, I know how despairing it can feel. I know you said you're not religious, you don't have to be to find great companionship and fellowship in a woman's group at a local church. If they're anything like the woman's group at my church, they'd welcome you and encourage you and help you in any way they could no matter what. Plus you'd probably get some help with the baby if you needed it too. If I knew where you live, I'd help you find a group to try! Take Care!

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 3:36 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• well you can always add me as a friend im on here quite a bit my boyfriend is in basic so i get pretty lonely so message me all you want and i will be here.. im sorry your having a hard time When are you due???
    aubreyluv

Answer by aubreyluv at 3:58 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I would say to read up on information that is going to make you feel informed and empowered so that when your mom tries to make you feel inferior you can graciously tell her thanks but you are going to do things your way.
    Anonymous

• Try meetup.com or mops.org You never know there might be a group you've just never heard of before.
    DebateandRelate

Answer by DebateandRelate at 4:15 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• try and make new friends and dont coop your self up inside all the time its not good for you good luck
    rachel_07

Answer by rachel_07 at 4:24 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• how old are you? why is your mother so angry? do you have transportation. can you get to a library? ARE YOU DEPRESSED? MAYBE YOU NEED TO VENT OR TALK TO SOMEBODY. I DO NOT KNOW IF I CAN HELP YOU BUT IF YOU WANT TO TALK I AM FREE. I LIVED OUT IN THE COUNTRY WHEN I WAS PREGNANT AND I DID NOT SEE OR TALK TO MY FRIENDS VERY OFTON AND IT REALLY MADE ME LONELY PLUS COMPOUNDED WITH BEING PREGNANT CAN MAKE YOU CRAZY. BE GLAD TO HELP IF YOU NEED TO TALK. KYNDLE
    kyndle

Answer by kyndle at 5:00 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I really think you shoudl talk to your mom. I think you should get to the bottom of why shes acting like this and let her know that you need her, maybe she doesnt know how to act because she never got the support from her mother when she was pregnant with you but maybe this is a time for both of you to start, I think having her as support will make things better, Also, I don't know how far along you are but maybe you should try looking for a little part time job it'll get you out and busy and a little extra money wont hurt. I wish you luck.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 5:18 PM on Jan. 11, 2009